Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

This does not register with you? That came from a British surgeon in London.

"Multiple admissions for attempted suicide overnight, again.

Jumped because can’t afford to eat”.

Again."

Really? Ok. Remember, it’s not winter yet.

That’s societal collapse?

The UK got through high inflation in the 70s and early 90s. I reckon we won’t collapse this time.

In a sense you are right of course. Wasn’t it Dame Margaret Thacher who said “there’s no such thing as society.”

From the 1970s till 2008/2009, the UK was in a pretty good place financially. Just look at the following: https://www.statista.com/statistics/282841/debt-as-gdp-uk/. Yes, compared to the war years and the beginning of the 20th century, the UK’s current Debt to GDP ratio is still “low”, but those were exceptional circumstances. The UK is no longer an empire after all. And the most obvious thing is that the North Sea oil was still plentiful back in the days, unlike now.

Anyway, winter is coming soon, faster than George RR Martin’s next book at least.

I’m sure Putin and Russia would agree with you.

Putin and Russia will be weak when they lose. Perhaps they should negotiate and concede.

1 Like

Yes, they should definitely negotiate.

As well as banning media and political parties, I see the multi-millionaire has now removed employment rights. Freedom and democracy:

calling fact checker @discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

How embarrassingly is Russia going to lose?

I know you don’t generally reply to questions. But are you far Left?

If I was far left, I would support banning media and political parties.

The Russians are once again pushing very close to Mykolaiv. They are almost could start shelling the city. They haven’t gotten that close since March.

According to this channel, obviously an Ukrainian view, the Russians might have problems keeping Kherson, which sounds like a big deal.

These updates are great by the way. Gives you a good idea where the frontlines are, etc.

March/5

April/15

May/15

June/1

Aug/1

Aug/20

Aug/25

Aug/30

He’s saying that Ukraine is feigning retreat to lure the Russians into a pocket? I wish it’s true, but I don’t see it. The news have been drumming up counter offensive on the Kherson front ever since the fall of Severodonetsk by the end of June. So for 2 months, the counter attack moved forward inches and then retreated back to the line they held back in May? Let’s face it, they don’t have the armored vehicles to mount any meaningful counter attack into Russian held territory.

Right now, I see the Ukrainians pulling a Chiang Baldie’s defense of Shanghai. It’s meaningless and at great cost of the lives of elite troops, but necessary to show the international community that they are willing to fight so that aid would continue.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure that the Ukrainian side wants to make it look like the Russians are in trouble.

I think that guy somehow tries to be precise in his assessments, though.

I often Google map these places on the frontline to see how they looked before the war. War is so horrible.

2 Likes

Just watched this, the Ukrainians indeed seem to go on the offensive around Kherson.

Yep this is the long awaited massive devastating Ukrainian offensive. From now on ukraine will be advancing the tide has turned i saw it on CNN.

1 Like

BBC would give them a run for their money.

2 Likes

Whether Kherson is turned into a Putingrad will be key.