Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

We will see once they cry (or not) “Mommmyyyyy Ni kaaaan! They blew up MY fuel supply!”

You reap what you sow.

@Dr_Milker, are you off duty?

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry, a little busy at the moment. The correct phrase, of course, is “reep what you sew.” :grin:

2 Likes

Yes really Brian its glaringly obvious your the one needs get a life :wink: 26900 posts from you VS 210 from me.
You were the one that first got personal accusing me of posting too much LAWL.

I just find it staggering how outraged the Russians seem to be about it. They’ve been shelling civilian targets for weeks now, but the Ukrainians may or may not have blown up a fuel depot on Russian soil and it’s all “this is going to hamper negoitiations”. No shit, what about the thousands of dead Ukrainian civilians.

3 Likes
1 Like

Well, when you invade country after country…then complain NATO is trying to set up defenses along your borders so that is provocation to war…
A never ending loop. Russia attacks a country. Other countries get worried and threaten to defend themselves. Russia claims those countries are out to destroy Russia. Russia attacks another country…

3 Likes

what’s all this about?

wtf is taiwan doing?

2 Likes

oh oh…

tw bout to get cancelled

Unlikely anyone will care, especially since the DIY market only cares about specs.

care to elaborate on this point?

They can do what they want with impunity.

I thought Taiwan was already canceled.

Usual opinion of the outside world:

Recent opinion of the outside world:

1 Like

yeah you’re right, taiwan shouldn’t care much what they think.

1 Like

Well, maybe I didn’t think things through when I posted. On reflection, I think you’re right, too.

I want Ukraine to be a free and independent nation, and I want the same for Taiwan.

I guess it’s just a complicated mess. I don’t really have any solutions.

He makes the point repeatedly that the CIA lacks linguists, and how this is a serious problem. Interesting. Probably not hard to solve either. For example, I know my fully bilingual son would love doing any work that could screw over China (when he gets old enough to do such work).

Unless the US remedies its CIA problem by emptying out and fumigating the place, before restaffing it with people who care enough about the world to learn its languages, the US will continue to fly blind — and crash into the next Ukraine.

3 Likes

On the positive end, it’s now April.
On the negative, my cousins in the great bier-Stadt are seeing light snow right now and day-highs in only single-Celsius digits.

I’m (maybe foolishly) hoping for something in this neighborhood (or anything remotely like it that doesn’t trigger a nuclear war):

1 Like

That’s cool, as long as what they sew has a reet pleat.1, 2

2 Likes