Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - March 2022

The geographic location more than the scale.

1 Like

I think Ukraine is way bigger in scale than anything he has ever attempted. The audacity as well right up to NATOs and EU borders.

2 Likes

I recon what has been going on in Syria and Iraq is up a scale level- so far- if what you are measuring is human suffering. And Russia isnā€™t the only state.

Iā€™m to be honest disturbed watching Ukraine news, but I also realize it was the same bad news before, just not in Europe.

Syrian war has like half a million killed

3 Likes

I agree, but I would add that to me, it looks as if Russia invaded Ukraine for merely discussing possibly joining NATO.

I think that itā€™s even possible that if Ukraine hadnā€™t discussed NATO at all, Russia might have invaded on some other pretext.

Reposting part of a reposting post :slight_smile: :

2 Likes

Itā€™s on their doorstep and theyā€™ve got a bigger population.

Bigger pockets for sure. All joking aside, anyone who gives is a legend.

I would like to agree with this? But Iā€™m not savvy enough on situation.

3 Likes

For @Brianjones:

The first part is ā€œThe Hut on Henā€™s Legs,ā€ but it leads into ā€œThe Great Gate of Kievā€ at about 3:21:

One more reposting:

1 Like

donā€™t see that happening, unless the USA is willing to sell taiwan out. I think if the USA said, we wonā€™t sell taiwan anymore weapons, and we will break all contact with their government. Then china might be willing to bargain, but china has itā€™s own issue.

if the USA says that China will attack within 24 hours.

nvm

And Monday (US time) LBMA just announced:
ā€¦it ā€œsuspended all Russian refineries from its accredited list, meaning their newly minted bars can no longer trade in one of the worldā€™s most important bullion centers.ā€

@Brianjones , are those dots too hard for you to follow still? :slight_smile:

China will take that gold. They need it, like bad.

1 Like

Interesting video Oliver Stone did on Ukraine:

Got bullet points? Iā€™m not listening to OS for 1.5 hours.
OK, so I went to reddit to see what they had:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RegimeChange101/comments/t4cbsu/oliver_stones_2016_doc_ukraine_on_fire_provides/

I thought the India angle was interesting. Care to comment on that aspect, mr cake, sir?

Bhai ye sab bahot hee ganda lag raha hai. It seems like India being neutral is more a favor to the West than to Russia.

And this. Thereā€™s more abt this on the web, but theyā€™re honestly shouldnā€™t be:

A French restaurant says itā€™s received threats based on confusion around its namesake dish.
Poutine, fries doused in cheese curds and gravy, has nothing to do with Putin, it said.

1 Like

Donā€™t know much about the Indian aspect of that. The claim in the comments may be true.
The CIA has previous form. Anything the msm rigorously gets behind is Davos sponsored.

Yeah, thatā€™s the creepy meeting I canā€™t believe just ā€” happens.

Splinternet. Thatā€™s sounds about right.

1 Like

Putins ā€œUkrainian Naziā€™sā€ jive may be partly exploiting historical memory. During WW2 the Germans raised ā€œvolunteerā€ (SS?) units (the alternative being life and death in a non-Geneva convention Untermenschen POW camp) from recycled Red Army POWā€™s, especially Ukrainians.

At wars end the Sovā€™s were understandably pissed off with these people, some of whom had behaved rather badly in the interim, and they were unlikely to survive repatriation. People remember that kind of thing.

The British kept some of them and formed them into EOD units, clearing beach mines and such in the UK. When I was doing EOD in Shoeburyness a few decades later, I heard there was still a Ukrainian unit operating (now partly 2nd generation, it having become a ā€œtraditionalā€ trade among the Ukrainian community) but AFAIK I never met any.

2 Likes