Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - September to October 2022

what a shit show

The subtitles @ 0.51 say something else, not “just 2 weeks training”. Maybe @slawa could you please help find the correct translation?

Post has been deleted from Reddit

2 Likes

I see, thanks a lot for checking. Here is another place for that video. The sentence in question is around minute 0.51:

https://twitter.com/Reevellp/status/1573272879655010306

They don’t control all of the area in the areas they are now holding a vote. This is perhaps the biggest sign yet that whatever plan they had is fraying at the seams.

I’m sure holding the vote and the changing dynamic that presents was all game played decades ago, but it seems clear to me that Russia is moving to the next stage of whatever plan they came up with without achieving what they were supposed to in the first stage.

2 Likes

Funny when we were kids if the Russians were mobilizing people would be going apeshit. Now it’s ok, that’s what we’re doing now

https://www.ft.com/content/015b5115-e602-4f4d-b1cd-864a95fd37ff

“The whole world should be praying for Russia’s victory, because there are only two ways this can end: either Russia wins, or a nuclear apocalypse,” Konstantin Malofeyev, a nationalist Russian tycoon, said in an interview.
“If we don’t win, we will have to use nuclear weapons, because we can’t lose,” Malofeyev added. “Does anyone really think Russia will accept defeat and not use its nuclear arsenal?”

Let’s keep this simple. Hey Konstantin! :duck: you! Enjoy the rest of your once rich ass life in a smoking hole. Does anyone really think we’re just going to sit back and be your :clown_face:?

:slight_smile:

They already hate each other and they haven’t even shipped out.

‘until the end of special operations’
‘any questions’

Some of them are going to end up badly injured or dead soon.

And they are reservists. Apparently, Russia has 25 million reservists. Of course, not all of them would be fit if called up.
But watching that video, I imagined the state of conscripts from any western country, what with the state of current society. Just look at the state of the US military - allowing the unfit and lowering the IQ due to fewer people signing up. The UK has 72,000 troops - enough to fill the national stadium.
Russia just called up 300,000 reservists.
Ukraine had the biggest army in Europe before this conflict.
At least most of the Ukrainian (both sides), Russian and Chechens would be people you would think would get on with it rather than complain about being offended or not being able to check their phone every 5 minutes.

Knight Commander of the Garter Cuthbert Smith the Second

1 Like

Apparently the Russians are complaining about being offended- they’re complaining about being offended by being asked to go. And if you mean “get on with it” means “get on with getting the fuck out of the country.”

Legally speaking, how about Russia decides to make a referendum to annex Alaska (by the way, sold to America for beads after failed Crimean war and ensuing economic collapse), join it with Chukotka :)))

Russia has a plan? Plan of Putin? Brother, you know nothing about Russia, haha!

Russia had a plan. It was a really stupid one. Now Putin’s desperately doubling down on his stupidity.

Not so much Peter the Great as the Peter principle.

2 Likes

What was his plan?

The plan was to capture Kiev in February. All other plans are no plans :)))

I think we can safely presume that he had a plan and it wasn’t to see his army decimated. But, it’s true I can’t read minds.

1 Like

How was his army decimated?
Russia was attacker and probably had a kill ratio of 3:1 or 4:1. As defenders, Ukies are pretty bad from their KIA.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, you have no idea. He didn’t even attempt to attack Kiev, moved some troops thee and then moved them elsewhere.

So, Putin has had decades to think about this, his strategists like ours work on scenario after scenario in war games and playing out how things might turn out in the real world.

Yet you seem to think he’s making it up on the fly. I don’t think so.

We can agree to disagree on that.

2 Likes

After the failed battle for Hostomel airport…

2 Likes

I see. Russian troops must be regrouping then.

2 Likes