Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - September to October 2022

Whichever of the three, Putin thinks nothing of his ground troops.

2 Likes

6 Likes

He could be doing a Stalin and deliberately getting rid of his top brass.

1 Like

He also seems to be preparing to get rid of a lot of ethnical minorities. Like allegedly mobilizing mostly Tatars in Crimea, or stuff like mobilizing close to 100% of young men in some far-east smaller communities.

While I do feel bad a little bit for that cannon fodder, it still seems a huge majority of Russians support the war. Well then, so be it.

2 Likes

I am currently in Uzbekistan, quite interesting to observe people, their opinions. Yesterday I had a drink with some young Russian guys in my hotel in Bukhara working in IT, they were bloody shocked by all the news and said they are not coming back from their trip. They will stay in Uzbekistan. Saw one Russian tourist displaying Russia flag and St George ribbon (telltale for an ideologically loaded guy) on his rucksack. One Uzbek taxi guy cursed the Russians with the worst words, he worked with Ukrainians friends in the Netherlands. I had a haircut in Samarkand, Uzbek barber told me that NATO started the war in Ukraine, he also told me that Americans created the covid virus and blew up their New York towers in 2001… Some posters here, like #cake, probably agree withe the conspiracy theories proposed by a Samarkand barber :))))

4 Likes

Don’t give people ideas for this kind of user name! :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

26 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Yes we already have lots of threads for that.

This one is about “Ukraine Invaded by the Russians.”

Guy

3 Likes

Surprised, ‘Guy’ has not complained that you ‘never’ post anything about Taiwan and just come into this thread. But that poster agrees with you, so you get a pass.

Regarding your cheap shot on conspiracy theories. The ones that interest me are the likes of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, Tuskegee experiments, MK Ultra, WMD in Iraq, etc.,
Regarding 9/11 - if you want to believe a bandit in a cave with a 90s laptop ran the operation, then I have a chocolate kettle for sale if you are interested.
And it is a pseudo-pandemic.
I suppose you believe everything the corporates say - trust their science and all that.

1 Like

International observers watching the voting process:

Oh Cuthbert your monkeypox vaccine side-effects are flaring up again I see… :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it was common knowledge that @afterspivak is indeed Klaus Schwab/Gates/WEF/Soros’s moniker, and of course he is the ultimate gatekeeper here. Tut tut.

Back on topic now, goodness gracious. Are you concerned Putin might actually use nukes to achieve his objectives with Ukraine? Would that cross a red line for you?

Why thank you, BB! Alas, as a simple forumosan I have not a fraction of the influence or wealth of any of the above. But thank you for caring! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

No, because Russia would not need to.
They could just do the USA on Iraq plan and take out their water, electric, transport, etc., as well as troops and whoever is in the way or just flatten Ukraine in a few days without the need to resort to ‘nukes’. Plus turning off the gas and oil to the west.
Either way, the arms sales will roll on and money will be made by the military industrial complex. And Emmanuel Goldstein stories will be told that Putin plans to walk down the Champs-Élysées in jack boots if we don’t stop him.

1 Like

Where are you from, brother? Let me tell you that all these countries have civilization. There is one civilization which I would call Soviet civilization. Russia, or Putin’s regime had no right to come and destroy.

Strong words, bakery buddy! So, Putin was bluffing by saying that he will resort to using nukes?

But he said it wasn’t a bluff?

You are quite partial to this phrase Cuthbert! Where do you want Putin to stop?

I don’t know what you are talking about? What is your country? Have you been outside Taiwan recently? Do you understand how technology spreads? Do you have any basic idea about history? What do you understand anything about Afghanistan apart from “cavemen in the caves”, for example?

1 Like

Knight Commander of the Garter Cuthbert Smith the Second

There… i help you remember to put your signature… :face_exhaling: :clown_face:

If we could keep it impersonal and on topic, that would be great

3 Likes

Yes, so civilised.

But hey it’s ok, Ukraine war is “different”.

1 Like

You are welcome you know to set up new threads on any of those many terrible conflicts to analyze, dissect, historicize, and present your views.

You may also note that this thread is called “Ukraine Invaded by the Russians.” If you think this case is distinct, it’s perhaps because that’s the topic of this thread.

Guy

1 Like