Ukraine Invasion: General Discussion, November-December 2022

From Italy.

This is a difficult one, but I wouldn’t let random murderers roam around the capital freely if I had the choice. Anyway this guy was kidnapped and killed by Wagner group.

1 Like

where are the 3 sims?

2 Likes

it’s pretty obvious an orc came from around the corner to try and play Rambo, got everyone else killed in the cross fire.

You lay down fire with a PKM and it’s going everywhere.

2 Likes

It was still a war crime.
If this had been Russians carrying it out, it would be all over the corporate media for days on end.
Why do you use the term ‘orc’ - which Azov Nazis use?

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like you. If you’re putting words and thoughts in other people’s minds again… Stop.

Source?

Including Russian backed separatist activity and annexation of Crimea, just continuing

why do you call Azov nazis? the same thing that the russian orcs use?

p.s. officially not a warcrime, they were on the ground and got hit with bullets in an exchange. Their guy got them killed. Mr Rambo wanna be. what a shit head.

That war was also known for the phrase “collateral damage”:

The US wasn’t in the same league as Russia, Russia is trying to decimate the entire country of Ukraine and make it next to uninhabitable.

Sorry for bringing you into this, @Brianjones.

By “collateral damage,” I meant that our fellow Forumosan @QuaSaShao meant to bomb one of us Americans and accidentally bombed an Irishman.

In other words, I was trying to inform @QuaSaShao that you weren’t being a hypocritical American, but rather you were an innocent Irishman making an observation. I added your statement about Iraq to let him know that you were aware of and disapproved of the actions of the US in that country.*

Getting back to Russia, I’m in general agreement with this statement of yours:

And at the risk of sounding like a broken vinyl record, it looks to me as if Russia’s destruction of Ukraine’s infrastructure is similar to what it did to Chechnya (although I’m willing to be corrected if I’m mistaken about that).

Again, I apologize.

*I also agree with your earlier statement about my country’s actions in Iraq.

4 Likes

I thought this was satire at first.

If we are trying to be Jon Stewart, we’d say they are upset and angry with the amount of casualties they are suffering, and felt that money and time shouldn’t go to commemorating an insignificant amount of foreign volunteers, and should go to recovering some of their own casualties from the field. The anger and hate made them lash out at Tseng’s ethnicity, and the sad thing is Tseng isn’t even Chinese. Not like he’d care to tell the difference though.

Although considering Ukraine needs all the international support it can get to supply not just its army, but its civilian infrastructure as well at this moment, such comment seems counter productive, as a show of appreciation would probably maintain the level of support if not increase it from foreign countries.

There. I understood their position. Brought it to the open, and then addressed why it might not be beneficial to their cause. Would that change anyone’s mind? Unless I’m Jon Stewart, I doubt it.

Anyone care to try the Jon Stewart way on the ‘Ukraine got invaded because NAZIs’ posters on this forum?

Who are yu taking about?

I am not aware of anyone on this forum that has said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was justified let alone for the singular reason you state.

Please give examples of posters who have endorsed the view you claim they have on these forums or I suggest withdrawing the claim.

1 Like

Yes, it was a war crime committed by the Russians.

Perfidy constitutes a breach of the recognized laws of war and so is considered a war crime, as it degrades the protections and mutual restraints developed in the interest of all parties, combatants and civilians.

(a) The feigning of an intent to negotiate under a flag of truce or of a surrender

Under those circumstances all Russians in there were combatants and were a legitimate target.
That dumb soldier who came out blasting from his rifle while surrounded and ‘surrendering’ got his whole squad killed.
An Ukrainian soldier was wounded while taking Russian surrender in good faith. They could have just thrown in grenades into that cellar, but they gave them the chance to surrender and live.

Surrender must be done in a way that is safe for the other side to accept the surrender. e.g. can’t throw away the gun and put the hands up during a battle to surrender when there is still shooting from your side.

3 Likes

I didn’t use the word justified in my post that you are responding to. It’s Putin’s own claim that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is to denazify Ukraine. There are some posters supporting that claim by repeatedly posting Russian propaganda of Ukrainian soldiers being NAZIs, or Ukrainian NAZIs were massacring Russian speaking people in Donbas, or that General General Valerii Zaluzhnyi is a NAZI because he wears a bracelet with NAZI symbols on it.

2 Likes

Which was complete nonsense, because the bracelet did not have any Nazi symbols to begin with.

4 Likes

Talking about Nazi’s in Ukraine in no way means anyone supports or thinks Putins invasion is justified.

That’s been asked and answered many many times and not a single poster on here (as far as I can tell) thinks Putin was justified in invading Ukraine for that reason or any reason.

1 Like

If we all agree that the invasion of Ukraine has little to do with NAZIs, then perhaps the dozens of posts every month linking to pro-Russian propaganda sites talking about supposed Ukrainian NAZIs are off topic, and should thus be temped.

3 Likes

You do not get to demand what people can and can’t talk about. You do not get to censor voices you don’t like. I wonder how many other topics you would just censor people when you don’t like their opinion, quite a few I imagine. I expect it would be a rapidly expanding list of topics.

I have been raising concerns about Ukraine for years, where were your concerns before war broke out and in the years prior?

2 Likes