Ukraine Invasion: General Discussion, November-December 2022

A bit funnier than the ‘Putin has cancer and weeks to live’ stories from around April.

Many cancers cause people to lose their sense of balance. :slightly_smiling_face:

So start your thread(s) about them. This one is about Russian imperialism (and yes there are other imperialisms too—we all know this).

Guy

This forum is hilarious.

Three Russian killed in drone strike folks are frothing at the mouth with excitement.

But any mention of 100,000 dead ukranian officers as Ursula quoted there is dead silence. Not to mention the thousands of dead polish mercenaries.

100,000 officers.Are you sure?

There’s only one person frothing at the mouth here, and it’s you.

2 Likes

Thats what she said. But yeah, seems like she meant military personnel, not actual officers.

Calm down old chap, no need to get upset.

Stalin possibly pulled off such a feat.

Ha indeed

Who’s upset? Just pointing out that you are accusing people of frothing at the mouth, but it’s not happening anywhere here. You, on the other hand, are frothing at the mouth.

1 Like

Cake did, in this thread, 6 days ago.

Wow, brother scommy is drunk again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No such luck, stuck at home got flu with this cold snap :sneezing_face:

Winter’s coming. Is this a plus for Ukraine, or for Russia?

Guy

Good question!

I’ve heard it suggested that frozen ground will make it easier for Russia to bring in a bunch more tanks, artillery, etc.

Whether that’s true or not, the next few months aren’t going to be fun for anyone in Ukraine.

Frozen ground will make it easier for both sides to maneuver. Russia has had plenty of opportunity to preposition defensive materiel, I’m not sure the lack of armor is what’s slowing their offence. If anything, I’d guess advantage Ukraine

Indeed, I’d say it hinges a lot on supplies and morale, not mutually exclusive. Again, I think Ukraine has the advantage because they will get cold weather supplies from NATO

1 Like

On the other hand if Russia has been marshaling forces for an offensive, we can probably expect it soon.

2 Likes

If, maybe

1 Like