Ukraine Invasion: Specific Developments, November-December 2022

Why would they be killing their own troops? Is she saying that they are collateral damage and that Russia is bombing the area even though troops are on the ground?

1 Like

its how russia does stuff, if you come back alive they kill their own soldiers. they did this in ww2.

Obviously theyā€™re not.

they are, she just said it.

Oh, OK then :roll_eyes:

in ww2 they also shot their own retreating soldiers.

she literally just said they are shooting their own soldiers. Is she lying? she might face jail time, or is her husband lying? You know freedom of speech in Russia tends to get a bit higher when youā€™;re in a trench eating shells all day.

She could be mistaken, you know. Itā€™s obviously an emotionally-loaded issue. Iā€™m not disputing the known brutality of the Russian army, but it doesnā€™t add up. This isnā€™t 1812 here.

I have a news flash for you, WW2 was in 1940.

Your knowledge of history may be a bit lacking.

Iā€™d say the same about you.

Zagradotryady (barrier troops), pretty much a tradition from WW2

1 Like

Thereā€™s always going to be discipline and prevention of desertion. Thereā€™s also always going to be propaganda and emotional outbursts that donā€™t reflect reality.

The reality is, russia is one fucked up place.

So we should just believe any fucked up story about it?

Thatā€™s up to you.

Russia shooting deserters? Wouldnā€™t doubt it with Putin, and from a broader perspective, with how Russia has historically treated their own people not falling in line as early as last century.

On a perhaps related note, I noticed the new threads arenā€™t even called ā€œRussian invasion of Ukraineā€ anymore. Why? Was Ukraine invaded by Nazis? Weird lack of specificity now, I hope nooneā€™s feelings were hurt

The way you mix ā€œironyā€ and reality, itā€™s impossible to tell.

Does it say that?

Weird lack of specificity now, I hope nooneā€™s feelings were hurt

Seems like an odd assumption.

Iā€™ll buy that the Russian military might be shooting retreating troops as ā€˜desertersā€™, but Iā€™m not buying them shelling their own conscripts for fun. If they are then they have even less chance of winning.

1 Like

Since the thread was created by @TT are you accusing him of having his feelings hurt because people are critical of Russia and decided to lack the specificity naming Russia as the reason for the invasion and war because he secretly tries to minimize or downplay their aggression and fault in the war?

If you wanted a name change to the thread, next time suggest one rather than throw around accusations at others.

1 Like