Ukraine Invasion: Specific Developments, November-December 2022

Caught on Camera, Traced by Phone: The Russian Military Unit That Killed Dozens in Bucha

Exclusive phone records, documents, interviews and thousands of hours of video reveal how a Russian paratrooper unit killed dozens of people on one street in March.

4 Likes

A very brief video apparently made near Bakhmut:

https://twitter.com/Militarylandnet/status/1605986043227881473

Here’s a sampling of an article about the situation in Bakhmut:

Maria R. Sahuquillo, “Bakhmut: The fortress city at the center of bloodiest battle in Russia’s war in Ukraine,” El Pais, December 23, 2022

Putin says war:

Mary Ilushyiana, “Putin declares ‘war’ – aloud – forsaking his special euphemistic operation,” Washington Post, December 22, 2022

Ukrainian soldier, honoring the ancient military tradition of f*rt-a**ing around, singing Dido lyrics in falsetto, “My tea’s gone cold, I’m wondering why I / Got out of bed at all.”

I think the subtitles said something like, “здесь должен бьіть такой красиій видос которьій.” (Sorry about my poor copying job.)

Is the soldier talking about having to fight (in a place with) such a beautiful view? (If so, I assume he’s being sarcastic, because from what I can see, the view doesn’t look too good.) Or is he saying something altogether different from what my copying job plus Google Translate gave me?

Edited to add:

Ernest Hemingway, “Old Man at the Bridge” (1938)

Old Man at the Bridge - Wikipedia

plus ça change - Wiktionary, the free dictionary

2 Likes
1 Like

Engels Air Base (Russian base) has been bombed again

I think they have seen the 1,000s of men cut down in open fields and have had enough. Their commanders send them out to be slaughtered in droves. The fields are littered in bodies, I saw a photo that I will not post here, but it’s a massive field covered in 100s of bodies.

Ukrainian HIMARS have also been hitting ammo depos in Luhansk, so they are probably short on ammo, clothing, food, pretty much everything.

Apparently there are a lot of cute cats on Snake Island.

2 Likes

Russian’s Engels airfield attacked for the second time. This is an airfield that could launch nuclear bombers and missiles by the way.

I wonder how they survived.

Edited to add:

From about 3:39 to about 4:31:

1 Like

So instead of a robot army, what we need is a cat army.

1 Like

Who knows but maybe they’ll have those one day. I was watching a vid of what the vid author claimed were recent examples of two-legged robots. If he wasn’t joshing, the naturalness (is that a word?) of their movements was amazing. So maybe one day someone will manufacture an army of cat robots.

Someone might ask, why cat robots? Well, while humanoid-looking robots might be frightening, I think that giant cat robots might be positively terrifying, especially if they looked like housecats. A person would feel like Gulliver in Brobdingnag.

Not sure if the map ever was different, but it’s s fun tweet anyway

A group of convicts in the Wagner mercenary group robbed and murdered a family of eight in occupied Makiivka. Everyone incl. children aged 1, 7, 9 shot in the head.
Residents of Makiivka themselves reported that the crime was committed by the Russian military.

Report confirmed by Russian media.

2 Likes

The Department of Defense is weighing an offer from Boeing to provide Ukraine with a new rocket-powered glide bomb. The Ground-Launched Small Diameter Bomb (GLSDB) pairs a 250-pound aircraft bomb with a GPS seeker, wings, and a rocket motor, giving it the range to strike targets more than twice as far as Ukraine’s existing Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (GMLRS). The weapon would allow Ukrainian rocket troops to strike farther and deeper behind Russian lines, laying the groundwork for the eventual liberation of Kyiv’s lost territories.

I can only imagine the Rooshin game is to convince China to fuck with Taiwan when it looks like Ukraine will take back all their gains in the eastern occupied lands. I am doubtful that the Rooshin/Gina connection runs that deep just yet.

War is a racket. BlackRock, whose CEO said the climate crisis will generate ‘quadrillions’, is planning ‘reconstruction’ in Ukraine.
I bet most of it won’t get built, much like the contractors in Iraq that received big money for incomplete work. And the rest of the country, that was has not yet been sold off to western corporations, will probably go the same way:

2 Likes

One has to prop up the black market first, does one not? :thinking:

January.
“We are preparing to partake in the World Economic Forum in Davos. The posture and prospects of Ukraine will be presented there,”

Yeah sure, hat in hand. My kid’s cat is trying to train me, too. He meows when he been fed. I ignore him and feed him when he should be fed.

Every time Zelensky shows up somewhere he’s selling out and making bank, I’d wager.

“We are preparing to partake in the World Economic Forum in Davos. The posture and prospects of Ukraine will be presented there"

Exactly. The ominous tentacles of Klaus Schwab are in cahoots with Churchill.

Where is Put La in this shadowy scheme? Has he lost the war or part of the scheme?

Any specific developments on those 500000 Russian troops we heard about?

1 Like

According to those that know about the type of warfare the Russians tend to like, they are waiting for the ground to freeze for the tanks.