UK's last 1,000 soldiers rushed out to Balkans

Please, let’s not be so coy. We know what you are doing, and frankly, it’s boring. You do have a brain, why would you employ it thusly?

HG

Coy?
What is this?
The Village Green Preservation Society?

The nationalist history of an emblem such as that as Kosovo would really be something one would want to include, given the vast factional nationalism that has bred so extensively in Europe, most especially in the Balkans.
Politics in that venue oft degenerates into a zero-sum game. I’ve seen it first-hand, on two seperate NATO deployments. It’s not pretty, and as such, one should not have the historical record diluted or dismissed.
Past Is Prologue, right?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Please, let’s not be so coy. We know what you are doing, and frankly, it’s boring. You do have a brain, why would you employ it thusly?

HG[/quote]

Look, I’m Roman Catholic, and I am proud to call numerous Croats (Roman Catholic), Serbians (Eastern Orthodox), and other people from the Balkans my friends. However, I do think that the governments of Croatia and/or Kosovo have not fully come to terms with their past. Surely, when Tudjman was the leader of Croatia, there were lots of symbols still being used from that era. I’m glad that now, to enter the EU, Croatia, has, for the most part, turned its back on displaying these symbols in publicv. :bravo:

For Kosovo (which is 93 percent Muslim), all I am saying is that it would be better to use a symbol that is not so hurtful to so many minority groups. Why are they using that symbol on their new flag?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Coy?
What is this?
The Village Green Preservation Society?[/quote]

I’m trying to display my ability to wander off the cricket pitch and onto the village green.

Stop being such a cunt . … is that better? :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You know, and I know, that you’re being a grubby troll. The obvious next question is; why?
HG[/quote]HGC -
A shabby personal attack completely without foundation, relevance or topical reason. That insignia is being featured prominently currently. A background discussion of its origins and who wore this is completely relevant to what is happening today.
Were I to assign a troll badge, it might be directed your way. Of doing so would be in-appropriate, being as how to whine “troll” at another poster is considered ‘backseat modulating’ and against the forum rules…of course.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You know, and I know, that you’re being a grubby troll. The obvious next question is; why?
HG[/quote]HGC -
A shabby personal attack completely without foundation, relevance or topical reason. That insignia is being featured prominently currently. A background discussion of its origins and who wore this is completely relevant to what is happening today.
Were I to assign a troll badge, it might be directed your way. Of doing so would be in-appropriate, being as how to whine “troll” at another poster is considered ‘backseat modulating’ and against the forum rules…of course.[/quote]

Say or apply whatever you like, dude, but our man here has used this as a pretext to attack Croatia, or should i say our sole Croatian, on several occasions.

Grubby. Yep, that’s what it is. Sweetly succinct i thought.

HG

The double-headed eagle symbol has been used by various Byzantine successor states as well as Russia and the Hapsburgs. The Orthodox monastic republic of Mt. Athos has this on their flag, as does one of the Greek football clubs.

Anyway, the flag you’re all talking about is the flag of Albania. The official Kosovo flag is blue, with six white stars along the top, and a yellow map of Kosovo below them.

Tash (a C.S. Lewis fan?) wrote:

“Nationality” is Soviet Marxist talk for “ethnic group.” “Constituent nationality” = titular nationality (e.g. Croats in Croatia, Serbs in Serbia, etc.). The fact is, Northern Bosnia is populated mainly by Serbs who would like their region to join with Serbia instead. And why not? Because the Muslims (sorry, we’re supposed to call them “Bosniacks” now) oppose it? The same could be said of Kosovars in Kosovo, although Kosovo was formally an autonomous zone within the republic of Serbia, while Albania was and is a separate country. I don’t see why Kosovo should be prevented from joining Albania, if that is what their people want.

It is interesting that you compare the Kosovars with “illegal” Albanians in Italy. I see that you blame the Kosovars for expelling Serbs during WW2, but you could just as easily see this as a way to correct for the historical injustice that was the Battle(s) of Kosovo (which the Serbs have finally lost). Anyway, I would love to see some sort of international guidelines agreed to that would apply to all independence-seeking groups around the world. And I would like those guidelines to be liberal enough to permit the Mexicans to declare independence for California and NM, if they can muster the political support. (They go to all that trouble to sneak into the U.S., only to vote themselves out of it?) And defend themselves militarily against angry white guys…

1. I saw an interesting movie yesterday called “Hunting Party” that supposedly is based on a true story of journalists who went into Serbia to find war criminals that the various governments, and UN were ‘looking for’, but really avoiding. Stars Richard Gere and Terence Howard. Not bad. Naturally, not very positive take on Serbians.

2. I think that the US can support Muslim Albanians (as well as Muslim Iraqis) of their own state despite such controversy does speak to certain democratic elements within the US government (notwithstanding the possibility of ulterior motives).

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Coy?
What is this?
The Village Green Preservation Society?[/quote]

I’m trying to display my ability to wander off the cricket pitch and onto the village green.

Stop being such a cunt . … is that better? :laughing:

HG[/quote]
Almost, but you’ve got to finish it off properly, you degenerate colonial!
Don’t leaving one hanging, without the pivotal subjective twist of the diction!
“Stop being such a cunt, you…!”

1. Unintelligible Norte Americano wanker…!
  2. Dull Canucklehead bahsterd…!
  3. supercilious drunken maroon…!
    4…?!
    :sunglasses:

[quote=“tash”]Thanks, TC.
But there’s really no concern for us here in Croatia in that sense. Especially here in Zagreb.
We will suffer economically, though, due to lost holiday bookings.

I’m curious, what are Forumosan’s opinions with regards to this? Should Kosovo be independent? And should NATO have been involved militarily, now and in the first place?
(if you’ve already discussed it somewhere, sorry. Can I please have the link? :slight_smile: )[/quote]

People should have freedom no matter where they are. Yes, NATO should be there if it will quell any fighting. But the work should be done by the people who want the independence. My 2cts.

But glad you are safe!!!

An interesting article about the protests in Belgrade and on Kosovan Independence:

frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.a … 6309200B96

A good explanation on how Kosovo is emerging as a bastion for Radical Islam/ Jihad.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaqThra0kCI&feature=related

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Sunni Muslims account for more than 90% of the population in Kosovo.[/quote]

Their new flag is the same flag that was worn by the fascist Albanian SS units during World War II.

Look familiar? I don’t think too much has changed in Kosovo (like in Croatia in Tujdman’s time in the early 90s when these sort of symbols were accepted). Kind of ironic that a lot of people think this is a victory for democracy :unamused:

snyderstreasures.com/pages/ssfv.htm

Remember the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem?

[/quote]

An Israeli politician gets it. :bravo: I wish some Western politicians and policymakers would listen to Arieh Eldad. Global recognition for Kosovo will be a signal to all the Jihadis, "You won another country,… go for another. "

blog.americancongressfortruth.co … precedent/

I feel bad criticizing brown people.