UN Chief Targeted in Iraq, Orders Massive Retaliation

Now they’ll get it!

[quote]UN Chief Targeted in Iraq, Orders Massive Retaliation
by Scott Ott

(2007-03-23) — United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, who narrowly escaped death yesterday when terrorists detonated a rocket within 50 meters of him during a news conference, today ordered U.N. armed forces to mass outside of Baghdad for an all-out assault on the city, adding “this time it’s personal.”

“I used to think the so-called insurgents just wanted an end to the U.S. occupation of their country, so they could live in peace,” said Mr. Ban. “But they nearly killed the world’s leading peace emissary. These people are fanatics bent on the destruction of modern civilization so they can rule the world with their evil ideology.”

Mr. Ban said blue-helmeted U.N. troops would team up with Iraqi army and police units as well as U.S. forces “to scrub this town with a Brillo pad” and achieve “peace through superior fire power.”

“We’ll fight them in the streets,” he said. “We’ll fight them on the rooftops. We’ll fight them in the falafel shops. We will never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up.”

A unnamed U.N. spokesman warned al Qaeda, Iran, Syria and the various terror militias against underestimating the U.N. chief’s resolve.

“When he wants something to go away,” the source said, “it goes away. They don’t call him Mr. Ban for nothing.”

However, he added that the assault on the city may be delayed for some months to give time for U.N. troops to receive offensive weapons, and training in how to use them.

scrappleface.com/?p=2533
[/quote]

You bad. :wink:

The part that really hurts is the rocket was fired from the Shiite section of Baghdad. Talk about ingrates.

Crikey! This certainly calls for a very strongly-worded Resolution indeed! I for one will be seriously considering finding out who my UN rep is and writing him, her or it a stiff email.

HA!
That made me laugh for some reason.

:whistle:

Ingrates? I am sorry but these are the gooooooody-good people who are worth sacrifying 3,000 U.S. soldiers for because they all want “peace, stability and democracy”.

Did you not read the memo? Or at least some of the projections in 2003?

The CIA works in mysterious ways.

fish hook

HA!
That made me laugh for some reason.[/quote]

It made me wonder “Where are the falafel shops in Taiwan”? Not because I want to fight, but coz I’d kill for a falafel. Yum. Mmm, falafel.

You know you’re living in strange times when truth and fiction are equally absurd.

Welcome to your world, eh spook?

Life is a whole whack different after you’ve been shot at.

Ain’t that the fuckin truth.

Been there done that it is just hard sometimes when you see shit like this…

livevideo.com/video/NattyIce … -iraq.aspx