Un-removable files

i’ve got a few files that just won’t be moved or erased,probably was DL along with all the filth i’ve been P2Ping lately :blush:

is there a software i can use to remove those??

Et Voilà! forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=54412

De rien… :wink:

merci quand meme Mr Ragout
but the program specified in that thread didn’t remove those files

i tried to go to CMD mode but once the black (sorry i mean…the window of colour) pops up,i don’t know what to do…

???
What OS do you use and what kind of file you want to delete?

At the command prompt (CMD mode):
First type the drive letter where the directory is, e.g. “E:”. If it’s on the C-drive type “cd” to go back to the root level.
Then type "cd directory1\directory2 (there can be more then the two shown) to go to the directrory where the files are located. List the files with “dir”.
Delete individual files with “del filename.ext
To delete all files with a particular extension use “del *.ext
To delete all files in one directory type “del.” Confirm with “Y”. Carefull that you don’t do this in C:\windows !
Close the CMD mode by typing “exit”

E.g. the files are in C:\Program Files\ProgramXXX\crap\ and all use the extension GHS

Open the command prompt
cd
cd program files\programxx\crap
dir
del *.GHS
exit

(When you change directories or delete files Windows doesn’t care about capitalization)

Actually, you may just not be able to delete them cos your downloading software is open (in the background maybe), or whatever other software is using them. Make sure as much as possible is closed before you try deleting them.

Try booting up in safe mode and deleting them if that doesn’t work.

Formatting helps … it removes all the files :smiley:

ja or a strong magnet can be of great help too

At the command prompt (CMD mode):
First type the drive letter where the directory is, e.g. “E:”. If it’s on the C-drive type “cd” to go back to the root level.
Then type "cd directory1\directory2 (there can be more then the two shown) to go to the directrory where the files are located. List the files with “dir”.
Delete individual files with “del filename.ext
To delete all files with a particular extension use “del *.ext
To delete all files in one directory type “del.” Confirm with “Y”. Carefull that you don’t do this in C:\windows !
Close the CMD mode by typing “exit”

E.g. the files are in C:\Program Files\ProgramXXX\crap\ and all use the extension GHS

Open the command prompt
cd
cd program files\programxx\crap
dir
del *.GHS
exit

(When you change directories or delete files Windows doesn’t care about capitalization)[/quote]

wow,took me quite a bit of faffing around but i got there in the end…all gone

thanks so much Rascal! :notworthy:

Faffing? Faffing? Where the hell did you learn a word like faffing?

i don’t quite recall,why?
is it reserved to an elite?

I think its a Brit word, so yeah, for the elite.

i look at the elite word
then your avatar
then back to the elite word
then i look up “elite” in the dictionary,in case my english isn’t what it used to be…
then back to your avatar

thanks sandy
i feel guuuuuuud!