Unbelievable

I am posting this on behalf of 2 friends (Kim and Betty)…

Okay…On Tuesday, no wait, I need to set this up more. In the past year, our school has become the home for many creatures running in the walls and in the suspended ceiling…Finally something was to be done…they started remodeling the school…They are gutting the bottom floor, so the foreign teacher office was moved up to the third floor in a classroom that’s not used during the day…So on Tuesday…I went to the bank…and did all my sending money home and stuff…then I bought some spaghetti and went to the room. Khaled (the newest teacher) was there…and he mentioned a noise. I thought it was just a mouse/rat like always…but when I heard it…I was like, oh my god, that’s a cat…I followed the sound…and opened the ceiling…the horror that I saw…oh my god…

Okay instead of using traps that kill animals…(not very effective here) they use this A4 size board, covered in the stickiest glue ever…so when an animal moves over the board, they get stuck there until they die…well a tiny little kitten was suck to the board… I was complete shocked…I took the board down, but when I moved it, I saw two more kittens…they were stuck to each other in the corner, also stuck to the ceiling tile. I think they tried to help their brother…anyway…I pried them free…and started to clean them. I didn’t know what to do with the little one on the glue… The chinese teachers asked one of the construction men from downstairs to come up and I think everyone thought taht they would kill it…while I was cleaning the other two…trying to give them something to eat…the man came back holding this sticky little little cat in his shaking hand…I was totally shocked…I didn’ tknow what to do. I tried cleaning it but it wouldn’t come off…I sent two teachers with him to the vet…

I was 30 minutes late for teaching at this time…but I couldn’t leave them alone. The little one returned from the vet and they were told that he’s going to die, (probably) and to put baby powder on the glue to keep him from sticking to himself…and others…that was all I could do. The chinese staff took them upstairs while I was to teach my (unprepared) lesson. At four, I went to check on them…and they looked okay but the little one didn’t…I called Betty, (knowing she saved her own cat from something similar) to help…she left work early (pissing off her bosses) to come and get them. She took them to the vet. The first one told her…there is nothing that can be done…but she wouldn’t hear that…she went to another vet who spent an hour trying to clean the little one…then he told her how to feed them and make them pee and poo… home they came…

I go home at about 7:30…and spent the night looking after them…we de-flead them…(I have about 7 bites on my legs though) and fed them…and they went to sleep in my room…I had to keep the littlest one on me as he was shakin and really weak…I slept horribly, but they all survivied…

Today…(Wednesday) they came back to school with me as they need to be fed every 3 hours…another reason why I didn’t sleep well :slight_smile: and every break I had I was there to look in on them…as were all the other teachers in the school. I was supposed to keep them outside on the roof…but I hid them in the extra room…and it’s 11pm and they are all still kicking… Betty’s found a way to et the glue off slowly (using peanut Butter) so all we gotta do it keep them fighting…

oh…the vet said that they are only 12 or so days old…they are horribly tiny…

So th pictures…the one in my hand is the one that was stuck…covered in baby powder…then you can see the others… :slight_smile: The stripped one climbed up me an snuggle near my ear…so cute… :slight_smile:

Written by Kim

If you are interested in adopting one of these kittens when they are strong and healthy, please contact Betty (kimathess@hotmail.com)

Wow, I hope little free kitty makes it. Some scraggy wee kitties that will probably see a happier ending than a bucket and a dung heap. Yeah!

Kim and Betty, you two are the best! Well done! :bravo:

Bravo, ladies. :bravo:

You guys are heroes!

Great job! :bravo:

Way to go! And give us a call if you need help or advice.

What an amazing story. You are my heroes. Make sure to come back and tell us more. Show us pictures. Our website has an adoption board; you can submit profiles and pics yourself, just like a personals profile. taichungpaws.org

If you need any help or advice, please ask. If you are in the Taichung area, come bring the kittens. We meet every Sunday.

Hi all…
So here is a short but brief update on our kittens…
So as you now on the eight of May Kim found three baby kittens in her kindergarten - two had a little bit of glue on them and appeared quite strong and one was in horrible shape - his whole one side completely covered in mouse-trap glue and just completely malnourished…
Well the kittens made it through that first weekend and we even got the glue removed with peanut butter which is amazing…
Then on the fourteenth of May Tiger (the strongest boy) and the girl started crashing (both had developed pneumonia) - Tiger managed to survive this but the girl wasn’t able to and within 14 hours her whole system shut down and we lost her. We were quite devasted by this as this was not something that we had expected and this forced us into “parental overdrive” with the other two kittens. Runt was doing great at this point…
So over the last week, we have each taken a kitten into our bedrooms (runt is with kim and tiger is with me) and sleeping with them with the heaters on in our bedrooms (yes it is May and we are dying of sweat and heat but the kittens are doing great), taking them to the vet every second day for antibiotic shots, extra vitamamins, etc. Our biggest concern with them now is that they poo and pee on a regular basis. Otherwise, they are happy, and starting to run around and developing those cute kitten characteristics that everybody loves.
The other day they tried jump and just fell all over the place which of course led us to take out our video recorders and cameras so we could record these moments. You ever seen a kitten try to walk, it is the cutest thing…:slight_smile: (yes, we are aware that we sound like parents…)
Anyway, so they are doing ok and Li Bei, my big fat cat, is slowly getting get more and more curious about them.

Betty

Our little ginger was about that big when we got him, his eyes opened on the day we got him when the vet cleaned them. We had the 2-hourly feeds, then he became blind and epileptic, then miraculously recovered. And now 2 years later he’s big and strong.

thanks for the update! sounds amazing. The pics are so cute. But we are sorry to hear about the little sister. It’s still amazing to read stories about people who care and animals who we love.

So much so that Fluffy Matthew is now considered the runt of the litter.