Uncompressed RGB24 file help

Although we curently have some of our top minds working on this, I’m desperate for any help.
All my Sony HandyCam vids are archived to a backup HDD, they’re in uncompressed RGB24 .avi format…
Today I wanted to burn some, and they’re all herky-jerky, in all my different players.
Is there some sort of filter I need to read them?

You need to put them on the wool & silk cycle first, and then iron them while they’re still damp. Gotta go, my jpegs are boiling over.

Sorry, my original “desperate for any help” was obviously an overstatement…

Have you used Video Inspector (free download) to check what codec they need to play? So they used to play and now they don’t? Are they MPEG4? Did you remember to put the conditioner in before the last rinse?

Here’s the t’ing, they don’t need a freakin’ codec, because they’re entirely uncompressed.
Like to the tune of 200MB for a 2 minute clip.
I find that’s the only way to get my whites really white.

Yeah, they played OK, but that was one motherboard and about 2 or 3 OS changes ago…

Is there any particular reason you’re so desperate to see old videos of yourself dancing to Bee Gees music in a spandex thong? Its sometimes best to just let bygones be bygones.

You are playing them from an internal drive, and not an external USB 1.1 one ?

USB 2.0

USB 2.0[/quote]Let me rephrase that. try copying them to an internal drive first.

Nah, it ain’t a transfer issue, I burned one to CD and tried to play it on my notebook, slightly better response on the video, but not much.

[quote=“the chief”]Nah, it ain’t a transfer issue, I burned one to CD and tried to play it on my notebook, slightly better response on the video, but not much.[/quote]How did you burn it ? Did you convert it to a DVD or did you just copy the file raw, did you copy it the hard disk before you tried it on your notebook ?
How many other computers have you tried them on ?

If you already tried all these or insist they’re not the problem, then your files are crap and they will never work.

PS. some of my questions are rhetorical, I’m not just asking if you tried it and making do with a yes/no answer, but also suggesting that you do try it.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“the chief”]Nah, it ain’t a transfer issue, I burned one to CD and tried to play it on my notebook, slightly better response on the video, but not much.[/quote]How did you burn it ? Did you convert it to a DVD or did you just copy the file raw, did you copy it the hard disk before you tried it on your notebook ?

If you already tried all these or insist they’re not the problem, then your files are crap and they will never work.[/quote]

I burned the file, raw, from the HDD to a CD and tried to play it on the notebook.
Uh, thanks for the feedback.

[quote=“the chief”]I burned the file, raw, from the HDD to a CD and tried to play it on the notebook.
Uh, thanks for the feedback.[/quote]Have you ever tried playing it from an internal hard disk connected via IDE ?

Or if you like, I could take a look at it. I won’t share it anyone, especially sandman, he’s probably already seen it.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“the chief”]I burned the file, raw, from the HDD to a CD and tried to play it on the notebook.
Uh, thanks for the feedback.[/quote]Have you ever tried playing it from an internal hard disk connected via IDE ?
[/quote]

You snide BASTARD!
They work great on the IDE drive, you were right, they were just too freaking huge for the USB to handle.
I guess that’s why you’re the Biggest and Fluffiest.
Now I have to get them all over to the local.
That should take about 8 months.
Thanks, bub.

It’s the DAZ bluey whiteners that make all the difference.

Really? I thought those were just for Gran’s hair, I’ll have to give that a go…

Do you have the right codecs ?

Well, I assume so, they play just fine thru IDE.
I got more codecs than Tips has tea, though.
Alternatively, I’m not even sure a codec is required, Gawd knows there’s no compression here, the things are feckin gargantuan…