Undercover boss

Many if you may already know, but there’s a TV series called Undercover Boss, where the big boss (usually the CEO) of a big corporation this undercover to work as an entry level job in one of the units of the business. The idea is that the boss will try to see the business from a different perspectives and maybe even make changes in the company afterwards.
I just watched the episode about the 7-eleven CEO (it’s worthy to watch if you have 40 min free):

Do you think such a thing would work in Taiwan?

2 Likes

Nobody in Taiwan would get it, it wouldn’t work.
You have to wait until the big final reveal to start crying, but people in Taiwan always start crying immediately as soon as the cameras roll.

1 Like

I would love to see my boss handle all the things she made me to do :smile:
I would love to read her thoughts and see her that way she threats me :smile:
I would love to see her to be in my shoes and realized the things that she thoughts it was just alright. :grin: but it was not fine at all.

Sad thing … I think that would be in her next life.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole deal is pretty much predicated on

• Bosses who really want conditions to be good for their staff
  • Staff who really want to make the company better

I’m not which of these is more unlikely in Taiwan, pretty much a toss up. :idunno:

3 Likes

Of course not. No Taiwanese boss would ever agree to do this.

1 Like

that was a pleasant 40 mins

1 Like

Wont happen in Taiwan because most companies in Taiwan are small businesses, or ones that hires employees for various office work. You won’t see promotions there, and management is always related to the boss. So work is very much top down and the job of the employee is to do what the boss says, nothing more. You are a hired hand and will only be paid peanuts.

Why do you think so many Taiwanese work for themselves when given the chance? Stuff like ubereats probably became popular because nobody likes to be gaslighted by their boss everyday at work.

1 Like

That show always seemed like an extended marketing commercial. Find three people, toss them 10 grand or so and get 45 mins advertising.

besides it’s not undercover if cameras are rolling. I mean if a new guy shows up, and you see TV crews any idiot will know something is up.

You should watch the Peavey one in the states! That one is a right kick in the balls. Capitalism at it’s finest.