Unfortunate side-effect of the BJs and Wang

Wang is going to Toronto, where there’s already a Dickie and a Johnson in the rotation. It doesn’t help that the team is the blue jays, and the Chinese translation is a even more unfortunate 藍鳥… which sounds worse with its Mandarin pronunciation taken as Taiwanese. Now we can see if Wang, Dickie or Johnson throws the hardest and last into the late innings. These are just all very unfortunate coincidences.

Wang will start for Toronto on the 12th.

[quote=“hansioux”]Wang is going to Toronto, where there’s already a Dickie and a Johnson in the rotation. It doesn’t help that the team is the blue jays, and the Chinese translation is a even more unfortunate 藍鳥… which sounds worse with its Mandarin pronunciation taken as Taiwanese. Now we can see if Wang, Dickie or Johnson throws the hardest and last into the late innings. These are just all very unfortunate coincidences.

Wang will start for Toronto on the 12th.[/quote]

I detest the Blue Pays almost a much as the NY Bankees. Now we have to see all that logo wear too. :fume:

[quote=“Pop Fly”]
I detest the Blue Pays almost a much as the NY Bankees. Now we have to see all that logo wear too. :fume:[/quote]

it’s funny how Chen Wei-yin has yet to generate half as much interest as Wang.

Wang had a rock solid performance against the Texas Rangers.

He went 7 innings without giving up a run. He gave up 7 runs, but his sinker and a lot of SFF bailed him out time and time again. Wang struck out 5, and walked 2. Edwin Encarnacion’s spectacular diving catch in the bottom of the 4th also saved a couple of runs for Wang.

Blue Jays fans are pushing the team to get Travis Wood in the rotation.

[quote=“hansioux”]Wang had a rock solid performance against the Texas Rangers.

He went 7 innings without giving up a run. He gave up 7 runs, but his sinker and a lot of SFF bailed him out time and time again. Wang struck out 5, and walked 2. Edwin Encarnacion’s spectacular diving catch in the bottom of the 4th also saved a couple of runs for Wang.

Blue Jays fans are pushing the team to get Travis Wood in the rotation.[/quote]

Well, Wood only will make a Wang, Johnson or Dickie better, nu?

[quote=“Pop Fly”]
Well, Wood only will make a Wang, Johnson or Dickie better, nu?[/quote]

sure will make them last till they put Bush to good use. well, they have to call Dave Bush back up though.

Good thing this thread isn’t in temp or it would be here today and John Tamargo.

The entire Blue Jays’ roster should be in temp :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a lot of actual Yankee fans (not the fake Taiwanese kind of Yankee fans) angry at Cashman for letting Wang leave, especially not too long after Wang’s opt out several members of the Yakee pitching staff ended up hurt and others such as Kuroda had poor outings. So Yankees were in a losing streak and Jays are now in a 7 game winning streak. Toronto is only 4.5 games behind the Yankees for an wild card.

Interesting how this will all play out, especially during spring people have predicted a strong year for the blue jays. They also have Melky. It’s weird that no Taiwanese news mentions Melky. After all when Wang was pitching at his best, Melky was standing behind him in the outfield.

By the way, when did the Jays change their logo back?

The Blue Jays are rotating a johnson? It’s probably randy

They could throw in Bush, Furbush and even Colon in that rotation to change things up a bit.

I wonder what’s with all this BJs coincidences in both English and Taiwanese/Mandarin… it’s almost as if someone’s actively trying to put it all together.

11 games winning streak, ties with franchise record. It’s like the team can do no wrong at this moment. I’d like to see them challenge the A’s 20 games record.

…worse than a guy making a thread about baseball with "BJ’ and ‘Wang’ in the title?

Sadly you missed some golden opportunities with first, second and third base, not to mention balls, bats and dugouts. :sunglasses:

that’s their names, what’s a guy to do? :unamused:

The latest I see from those baseball forums is this one

[quote] A: Yanks didn’t have any place to put their Wang.

B: As we both know from personal experience, Wang could easily have been inserted into any slot. Cashman gave up too quickly on his Wang. [/quote]

I see those poor Taiwanese baseball fans (even reporters) translating these sentences without a clue what they are really about, and using them to promote the idea that Cashman screwed the pooch.

I have to read through a lot of Wang jokes to get one brilliant analysis of how Wang’s exactly the same

Honeymoon over. Wow, that was quick. Time to retire, Mr. Wang?

frankly, he looks like when his shoulder was injured