Unique ideas for a 2nd wedding proposal?

This is a rather odd appeal for help, but a couple months ago my fiance flung the engagement ring back at me during a huge fight we had. At the time, it truly was unclear whether either of us wanted to go on with the relationship, so when things cooled down I just stashed the ring and waited to see where it all would go.

Now things are back on track. However, I’d be willing to bet she’d be very disappointed if I just stuck out my hand and said, “Oh by the way, here’s your ring back.”

I’m wringing my brain for a romantic and non-clicheic way of doing it, but frankly I’m working so much these days (to save up for the wedding and honeymoon) that all the romance and creativity have been squashed out of me.

Any clever ideas? Serious posts only, please…

Are you really, really, really sure you want to go ahead with this? Are you sure you won’t regret it a year or two down the road?

Yes, thought it through, thank you.

Fancy dinner with ring inside the desert (by pre-arrangement with the chef)?

Stand outside her windown with a radio blaring “She” by Elvis Costello and at the end hold up a sign “Will you marry me?”

Best of Luck :rainbow:

Lyrics of She:

[quote]
She may be the face I can’t forget
The trace of pleasure or regret
Maybe my treasure or the price I have to pay
She may be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day

She may be the beauty or the beast
May be the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a Heaven or a Hell
She may be the mirror of my dreams
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell…

She, who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one’s allowed to see them when they cry
She maybe the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows in the past
That I remember 'till the day I die

She maybe the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I’m alive
The one I care for through the rough and ready years

Me, I’ll take the laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I’ve got to be
The meaning of my life is
She…She
Oh, she… [/quote]

Or you could play “At last” By Etta James

[quote] At last
my love has come along
my lonely days over
and life is like a song

Ooh At last
the skies above are blue
well my heart was wrapped up in clover
the night I looked at you

I found a dream
that I could speak to
a dream that I could call my own
I found a thrill
to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known

well

You smile
you smile
oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last

I found a dream
that I could speak to
a dream that I
could call my own
I found a thrill
to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known

well

You smile
you smile
oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last

ooo yea
you are mine
you are mine
at last
at last
at last
at last[/quote]

Let her know that you value her and she will melt like butter!!!

Bing
Go

I’d wait until after the next big fight to see if anything has really changed for the better.

Good luck.

jds

Can you cook? A really outstanding breakfast in bed on a tray with a flower and the ring on the stem. Cliched as hell but still nice.

Breakfast in bed may be a cliche back home, but not here! Not bad at all. Unfortunately I can’t cook, but perhaps something could be arranged…

Well, the throwing the ring at the SO thing - I would only arrange to have it sold, and then offer her the proceeds if she moved out within the hour.

I had the engagement ring thrown after me, the wedding ring thrown after me, and the throwings intensified as time went by. It was fun looking for her ring - where did it go this time - however no, if the other part showed such a contempt for the symbol of our relationship, I would end it.

Whatever you do, please don’t hide it in food. It’s something I see in films and never understand. You don’t really want to see her choke or even just break her tooth on a fancy romantic dinner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Go to sandman’s house?

Bury the ring in a little box some out-of-the-way place at some romantic vista. Take her there and after a while say,

Have a catered dinner for two. Set up the table in a nice, scenic area…perferably on some cliffs overlooking the ocean. Have everything you would find in a 5 star restaurant.

I did that once but did it in the dividing area of a road…I also didn’t get any action for all the time and effort I put in so it is kinda hit or miss. :frowning:

Take her to one of those hotels where you have a spa in the room. Wait until she is half cooked and completely relaxed, slip it on her finger and tell it how much prettier it is there than in a box.

How about something like this:

or this:

Romantic huh? :howyoudoin:

If those don’t win her over she doesn’t deserve you.

Ok, ok, one more:

aerialservices.org/ML_MarryMe_CC.jpg

Honestly, I love both of those Ideas!!
Then again I loved men with senses of humour before I fell in love with my current.

Just rebuild the ring, if it’s made in gold or pure silver… she won’t notice it and probably will appreciate. :wink: plus you don’t have to spend too much money.