Unique or Ornate Diary/Notebook

Hi there, this is probably very easy to find but i’m looking for a notebook (or diary) for a friend. I dont mean just any notebook from 7-11 or whatever. I mean one which has a more unique look to it (e.g. unusual dragon picture on cover etc)

I’m not sure exactly but something like that :slight_smile:

thanks
Chris

I buy some at the bookstore on campus in NCCU. They also have beautiful photo albums, if your friend is old fashioned -or you have special pictures you’d actually print and share. Thick, red, velvety Chinese cloth cover, with old coin or fake cade amulet pasted on top.

More touristy? Go to the Handicraft Market, next to NTUH’s new annex, on Zhongshan road.

[quote=“FarFlungScot”]Hi there, this is probably very easy to find but I’m looking for a notebook (or diary) for a friend. I don’t mean just any notebook from 7-11 or whatever. I mean one which has a more unique look to it (e.g. unusual dragon picture on cover etc)

I’m not sure exactly but something like that :slight_smile:

thanks
Chris[/quote]

Go to Eslite 誠品Bookstore, there u will find a lot of unique notebook for your friend.

In the same building as the 24 hour Eslite a bit south of Zhongxiao Dunhua station, there is a shop selling Taiwan young designers’ creations. If I remember correctly you go in the main entrance, through the hall, then down one stairs - there the shop is directly to the right.

I got some really unique notebooks there, like with 15° or so angled lines (so you don’t have to tilt the whole notebook to write comfortable), or with covers from molded plastic with metal parts integrated, to look like some knife or whatever stuff.

The shop is here:
[googlemaps]25.039583,121.549285[/googlemaps]

Doesn’t matter what country or region you’re working out of, Moleskin works. Timeless classic.

If you were in Taichung I’d suggest some of the journals I have in my shop.

Wilsen Publishing Books & Cards
www.wilsenpublishing.com

Thanks guys n gals, i’ll look into those places and see how i get on. :slight_smile:

I like the ones at the Handicraft market Icon mentiones. Some of them have an actual porcelain vase in them…http://www.handicraft.org.tw/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=144

I dunno…I just love stuff like this.

My Wife just found the Notebook again, it’s actually 12° and here is the website - they have some other cute stuff as well: inkdesign.com.tw/

At Red House Theatre there are two floors of shops selling stuff from young designers. I saw some notebooks before Christmas. Stuff tends to the really cute. Also check out the craft shops at Huashan 1914 and Taipei Main station.

Check out the One Town One Product website so see if anything matches:
otop.tw