United Airlines ‘Lost’ an Unaccompanied Little Girl, Refused to Help Parents Find Her

Yes I did. The part that caught my attention was the failure of the airline to follow SOP, leading to unaccompanied baggage being flown—a big no-no.

I acknowledge that the “cat” part eluded me.

Guy

First class wouldn’t cut it for me if my cat had been shipped off to another country without me, especially a flight as long as TPE to SFO and even more so if they took off before they were scheduled to. That’s two days of the cat lacking human interaction, a place to pee/poop, and food. I would make sure heads rolled if that happened to me. And I’ve already gotten multiple international tickets on United flights I already flew fully refunded for much smaller infractions. They know they’re worthless as a company.

Pain in the arse passengers are tough to deal with.

She (am I being presumptive with pronouns?) got a first class flight out of it. No doubt posting on Instagram.

Baggage might be carrying Covid?

Try the “b” word you never utter in an airport.

2 Likes

Nobody said the passenger was a pain in the arse. The passenger was flying with a cat, which you pay a large amount of money for with the intention of being able to retrieve the animal upon your arrival to your destination. For people who care about their pets, being forced between two “people of size” in steerage would be preferable to first class and needing to worry about the well-being of your pet for two days or more.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about that!

I said the passenger was a pain in the arse.

Passenger, with cat, failed to board.

I wonder what happened.

Guy

No idea. Supposition only at this point. The last person I would want on a flight is someone with an emotional support animal. Especially as they are very likely to fail to board.

If she loved her cat so much, she wouldn’t have missed the flight.

1 Like

They took off before the scheduled departure time. With all the tech that goes into airlines being able to maximize profits through “efficiency”, only negligence could result in someone “failing to board ‘on time’” when they took off early somehow thinking everyone had boarded when they hadn’t. Have you flown in the past decade? You can be at your gate before the final boarding time, but if they decided to close the boarding gate early because they have sticks up their butts, you’re SOL

That’s why I always arrive two hours early, even for domestic.

I went on holiday with a friend a few years ago. Turns out they had never been on a plane because they were anxious.

In hindsight I should have just induced panic so they fainted. That’s what I’d call turning a weakness into a strength