United Nations and Taiwan floors

Is there any connection with the marble used at the U.N. and the stuff that I often see used as flooring material here in Taiwan?
Taiwan Empress Green Marble.

http://www.marvamarble.com/MARBLE-EmpressGreenElegant.htm

Hmmm… The marble doesn’t make old George look any more intelligent though.

Always wondered how they can afford to “marble” everything in Taiwan. The stuff must be dirt cheap here.

[quote=“bismarck”]Hmmm… The marble doesn’t make old George look any more intelligent though.

Always wondered how they can afford to “marble” everything in Taiwan. The stuff must be dirt cheap here.[/quote]

I think there is alot of it around Hualien.
I just wonder if Taiwan was the supplier of what they use at the U.N.

That would be quite funny.

HG

According to the UN website:

It does mention the interior marble, but not the origin of it. Could be the Generalissimo’s contribution to the project…

Interestingly enough in a land with so much marble, the interior of the CKS Memorial Hall is also made from Vermont marble. Strange world.

[quote=“bismarck”]Hmmm… The marble doesn’t make old George look any more intelligent though.

Always wondered how they can afford to “marble” everything in Taiwan. The stuff must be dirt cheap here.[/quote]

I have green-marbled tiles on the 3rd floor and it looks like whale sick. I don’t know what they were thinking and I’m seriously considering offering to replace it with something sensible.

Why don’t you send it to the U.N.?

That would be quite funny.

HG[/quote]

It would be. But I’m sure we would have heard of it over and over again if it was.

I just googled Vermont Marble and came up with several pics of the same green stuff, so Taffy’s info must be right.

[quote=“Taffy”]According to the UN website:

It does mention the interior marble, but not the origin of it. Could be the Generalissimo’s contribution to the project…

Interestingly enough in a land with so much marble, the interior of the CKS Memorial Hall is also made from Vermont marble. Strange world.[/quote]

Well, you know, what with degrees, teachers and everything else, if it’s Taiwanese the locals think it can’t be as good as what you can get outside this merry isle. Why should marble be any different…

Well at the UN they put those tiles on the wall in an interior space where people can make an arse of themselves.

On Taiwan, they put those tiles on the floor and outside. So when it rains, people slip and fall on the arse for amusement.