United Nations elects Saudi Arabia to council on Women's rights

No. This is not from The Onion.

and that’s why there is no need for the UN.
KSA… the land where women who are raped are the guilty party.

What a time to be alive xD

I hear that there will be marches throughout world capitals to protest this move by concerned parties. Women everywhere are OUTRAGED and will be marching marching marching to protest the policies that have made this possible. Oh? They aren’t? But their organizations claim to stand for x, y and z… they MUST be interested in protesting this decision? no? er… but… how can that be?

It’s not like this council would have any sort of impact so I don’t really see the point of protesting. Protest against own government is far more realistic.

It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that Donald P.G. Trump is much more of a threat to women’s rights that the Saudis, who are all about protecting their women from…getting into traffic accidents?

That’s quite true…if you’re a citizen of a Muslim country.

And sunburn. Saudis protect their women from sunburn.

We’re making the Saudis sound like real gentlemen. The UN would approve.

:whistle:

:praying:

So many marches about so many things and nothing about this? Hmmmm… sorta kinda like the real fascist takeover with subsequent loss of human rights in Venezuela? I mean leftie professors at American universities are still exercised about Pinochet who peacefully gave up office in 1990 with 1,200 dead in Chile and thousands more exiled. Of course, we now have what? 4-5 million Venezuelans who have left the country… nothing comes to mind other than Zimbabwe and … silence… particularly in the universities where they claim to care about these kinds of things… or maybe they don’t… in which case, what is it that they care about? stand for? Hmm… so difficult… so challenging… anyone? anyone?

“what is it that they care about?”

safe spaces where they can play with PlayDoh and draw pictures and not face the real world

Well, apparently, the left DOES care enough about shutting women up to march and threaten mass action if Ann Coulter is allowed to speak at Berkeley… hmmmm I guess women with strong opinions deserve to be silenced so maybe the left doesn’t see any issue with ongoing actions in the UN, Saudi Arabia or Venezuela after all. I mean all of this is being done for the GOOD of those who MIGHT hear something that MIGHT stray from the party, er, rather PARTY line, right?

The chief state sponsor of Wahhabist terror and bankroller of 9/11 shows why it belongs on a human rights council:

[quote]The Saudi religious police had gotten word of Ahmad Al-Shamri’s tweets and went to his door sometime in 2014.

He was accused of using social media to say disparaging things about Islam and the prophet Muhammad, according to activists. The charge: apostasy, a crime punishable by death.

But activists with Human Rights Watch say Al-Shamri probably was mentally unstable. The biggest sign was the crime he was accused of: He was tweeting such thoughts in a country where public statements such as that could mean a death sentence.

Al-Shamri pleaded insanity, saying that he has a mental disorder and that he was drunk, high and in an altered mental state when he made the comments, said Hala Dosari, who is on the advisory board of Human Rights Watch, which investigates human rights abuses. Dosari has been trying to get information about Al-Shamri’s case since 2014.

She told The Washington Post that his trial focused heavily on Koranic law and little on any mitigating mental illness. As a result, Al-Shamri has been sentenced to death for being an atheist.[/quote]