Unofficial babysitting. Cheeky mums

Mums, own up! You bring your kids round to other people’s houses just so you can share the load, right? My sister has noticed my parents are on holiday so 2 year old ‘little moo’ has been round all day every day while sis plays on the computer and chats to friends on the internet. I find myself spending hours and hours watching her damn child cos she abandons it as she comes through the door, and cos my parents think everyone is 50 and talk to them as such. Today my sister brought a friend with her. Her friend has 2 kids. I am now friggin exhausted as I have spent 5 hours entertaining, feeding and cleaning 3 kids while the mums have a ‘natter.’
I like people, I like kids, I don’t like having other peoples kids dumped on me.
And no gratitude afterwards.

Your kids are your problem.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. I don’t believe you, TomHill. God gives you a golden opportunity to mind-fuck the little trolls, and all you do is complain.

[quote=“TomHill”]Mums, own up! You bring your kids round to other people’s houses just so you can share the load, right? My sister has noticed my parents are on holiday so 2 year old ‘little moo’ has been round all day every day while sis plays on the computer and chats to friends on the internet. I find myself spending hours and hours watching her damn child cos she abandons it as she comes through the door, and cos my parents think everyone is 50 and talk to them as such. Today my sister brought a friend with her. Her friend has 2 kids. I am now friggin exhausted as I have spent 5 hours entertaining, feeding and cleaning 3 kids while the mums have a ‘natter.’
I like people, I like kids, I don’t like having other peoples kids dumped on me.
And no gratitude afterwards.

Your kids are your problem.[/quote]

Dude, i know exactly how you feel…its like your under obligation to entertain other ppl’s kids / in-laws kids. And as they kep telling me - ’ you should help if you can, and you can so you should’.

I hate being told what i SHOULD be doing…

Its driving me mad living with my in-laws, really it is…

If i want to disappear from the family meetings which are held once a month ( and reasons for wanting to disappear are cos i have to sit in a tiny aprtment for 10 hours with no room to breathe, and the rant im talking about above), anyway, im told it is insulting to NOT TO BE HERE when they hold the FM and must not leave all day…its like the feeling of being a trapped rabbit or something…uhhhh… :raspberry:

And im sorry for my rant but im feeling gggrrrrrrrrrr today…must be my hormones again. :wink:

Mummy or Daddy brings the child it’s meal, gives it to them and utters that line, that line that makes you wanna kill, “You want your uncle Tom to feed you your lunch?” That is a serious serious breach of trust right there. Tom has to put his own lunch down, feed the kid, (which is messy and slow, and awkward cos you dont want to discipline it, but you dont want to be covered in food), and smile. Parent then eats their food and watches, saying assholio things like, “Your enjoying that aren’t you Tom?” Take the p*ss why don’t you?

Why don’t you just indicate that you would rather not feed the child?

I hate to say this, TomHill, as it sounds so terribly American, but man! Grow a pair!
“Uncle Tom’s eating his OWN lunch thanks, after which Uncle Tom’s going down the pub.”

Why don’t you just indicate that you would rather not feed the child?[/quote]

BEWARE THE WRATH OF A LONDON MUVVA. :smiley:

BEWARE THE WRATH OF A LONDON MUVVA. :smiley:[/quote]

Tom, i know how you feel even if others dont…its your obligation towards the mother’s and you cant jut say no incase you upset their culture thing…

Am i on the right track Tom???

And they are treating you as a free buxiban, maybe you should consult them and start asking for a fee…a minimum of 600NT, no less than that!!!

Indicate that its not a free service anymore…!!!

hahahaha…you never know, you might start up your own private business mate…

BEWARE THE WRATH OF A LONDON MUVVA. :smiley:[/quote]

Tom, i know how you feel even if others dont…its your obligation towards the mother’s and you can’t jut say no incase you upset their culture thing…

Am i on the right track Tom???[/quote]
Yeah. Well, the mother in question is my sister, and id rather say nuthin to her and moan here, than upset her. Upsetting her be a bad idea.

Yup, you dont wanna start a war in the household… :laughing: …a war happens with my in-laws everytime they come round…it aint pleasant.

Think just make hints that your help needs to be appreciated by the mums…in a nice way ofcourse. :wink:

reach down and grab a pair soldier

My parents’ solution, to avoid unwanted visits by the grandchildren, is to own three intimidating Rottweilers. Really.

I’ve never dumped my kids on my inlaws or even my own mother. I often paid a sitter so my kid could sleep in his own bed and play with his own toys, and so my mom could just rest after a long day or week at work. To my mom’s credit she’s the one who encouraged us to go to dinner or a movie and was always happy to have our kids at her place. Lucky me :slight_smile: My Taiwanese inlaws are different, just not the babysitting kind of grandparents, but love having my kids over and taking them places.

Or might you think about moving out and getting your own pad there Tommo? :wink:

5 weeks. I been back 5 weeks! Give a man some time to settle.
Anyway I took your previous advice and ‘grew a pair.’ I grew a pair of sunflowers in the garden. Now what am I supposed to do with them? Give them t’baby t’play with?

Poppies, silly, not sunflowers.

Seriously, maybe they think they’re doing you a favor since you haven’t been in the country this whole time. When your sister is busy, pick up the kid, bring it to her, and say, “He wants his mommy.” Then walk away… or better yet, leave. Or you can encourage her to come to Taiwan where dumping kids off onto others to raise is the norm. Or tell her stories about such to make her feel bad about what she’s doing to you. I lend you some of my bad parenting stories, if you want to really scare her…

“Gosh, this reminds me of this one mom who used to dump her kid off onto her relatives while she went shopping or hung out with her friends. Eventually the kid hated her when she finally felt like raising him and asked to live with his father instead because he didn’t want anything to do with his mother anymore… Have you ever heard of anything so sad?”

Being my naturally paternal self, I would open a can of ‘Extra Stout’ and ask for a spare teat so that you can feed the kids some. After enduring the gasps of’ What the…?’, I would then shrug my shoulders, put on some Nine Inch Nails and ask the parents if the kids can play some drinking games with Uncle Tom. When they say ‘No f*&%ing way’, shrug your shoulders and continue to chug beer, belching loudly, until you’re well and truly stonkered.
That should do the trick!

(This is, of course, a tongue in cheek post. Any correspondence from legal authorities is not necessary!)

you’ve obviously made the mistake of being able to feed the child competently. i would have advised you to mutter, “if he was hungry he would eat it by himself” or something, then go smoke a cigarette with your cousin or whoever. at this point however, i fear its already too late.