'Unofficial ranking' with the best neighbourhoods?

I will (very soon) move to the rock.
I was wondering if there is a ‘unofficial ranking’ with the best neighbourhoods ? (Green and less crowded)

I will work in a factory in Linkou (no metro reach the place). I was looking for Xinzhuang or Banqiao but I have no idea what they look like yet.
Beitou was pretty nice when I went there but could be a little far away from Linkou.

[quote=“CemXen”]I will (very soon) move to the rock.
I was wondering if there is a ‘unofficial ranking’ with the best neighbourhoods ? (Green and less crowded)

I will work in a factory in Linkou (no metro reach the place). I was looking for Xinzhuang or Banqiao but I have no idea what they look like yet.
Beitou was pretty nice when I went there but could be a little far away from Linkou.[/quote]

Neither Xinzhuang nore Banqiao is particularly green and pleasant, although they each have a few nice spots. And neither is very convenient to get to Linkou.

Why not just live in Linkou, at least at first?

It’s actually got a fair bit of greenery around it. There are fast buses to Taipei and the MRT is coming there soon. Your transpo time would be low and there’s plenty of restaurants there. You could commute to Taipei and then decide later if you want to move.

:2cents:

Xinzhuang is actually quite close to Linkou, but not really good for getting anywhere as it demands a lot of surface road driving.

Find a nice apartment complex in Linkou, there are a lot of new units out there.

I love living in Taiwan but Taipei and Beitou are not blessed with many green and not crowded suburbs. Xinzhuang and Banqiao are both crowded, concrete parts of the greater conurbation. If you’ve lived here a little while then places like Beitou and Xindian start to feel a bit quieter, more green, but it’s all relative. You might just have to put up with it during the week and get away somewhere nicer at the weekends.

Just live in LInkou for the moment, cheaper and more convenient and better housing. You can figure out what you want later on.

It might be a little farther but try Hong Shu Ling. Plenty of greenery, lots of new developments and not too crowded.