Unpopular opinion: healthcare in Taiwan is very bad

This is 60% of Taipei, sir.

2 Likes

Kids really should be free. Birth rate much?

2 Likes

Naturally? Based on what nature?

It’s on a scale (i know you were joking around, but for the internet readers: … )also job type in a few circumstances. Eg. farmers get it slightly cheaper than regular workers as a way of the government saying here is a couple thousand nt saving per year for the free market fucking you left right and center out out of millions :innocent: certain other situations, like military and such get different levels of service fees I think. Bank interest, loans etc. there are lots of benefits based on “what nature” in Taiwan :joy:

there are loads of stimulus, welfare, subsidies, grants, consulting programs and general support for all walks of industry here. All at a huge cost to the public, probably low public benefit and certainly less effective than just spending money and effort on the root of any given problem and making it work well going forward :upside_down_face: It is a bit of a thing.

I was not joking. I just do not like how people think it is natural that some people need to pay more based on that they have more income. It is offensive honestly.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. sorry, I thought you were checking his wording haha. nevermind.

There is some validity in that, let’s continue that train of thought then.

Should people that earn more pay more into the system? Should poor people pay less? honestly this seems pretty much the status quo in most countries.

2 Likes

To keep the system going yes, but it should come with some degree of respect and thankfulness to the people paying more and never as an automatic assumption that that is the way of things. Also, it should be arranged by just one mechanism so everybody is clear on exactly how much more these people are paying, such as annual income taxes. As it is income-redistribution is embedded at every new opportunity.

Agreed. However it is all out on the table for everyone to see. there is nothing secretive about income taxes, labor insurance, NHI fees etc. Or I dont think it is hidden in.any way. Is it?

I dont think taiwan.is much different than.most developed countries as far as.having the price brackets laid out fairly simple. there are breaks for less money, more fees for the rich. seems normal. Companies pay less because they are wholesale and the sales tax comes in later and they are based on actual scale and necessity probably. at least as a blanket policy.

2 Likes

It is clear but spread out all over the place (income taxes, NHI, subsidies, government CNY bonus).

well, it is a cluster fuck in ways, ya? But it isnt unknown and cheating people.

the take home point is they should be more efficient. That’s your issue I take it? literally everyone from every corner of this country agrees on this :slight_smile: the bureaucracy of taiwan is truly something special!

With that in mind I dont get truly angry with our overlords. I go “angry dad”. That is to say, “I am just dissapointed”.

No it is not. My point is that it is not the natural state of things for people with more “stuff” to give it to people with less “stuff”. And when it does happen it should never be automatic. And the people parting with more “stuff” should be thanked and respected. It is not natural.

1 Like

Ahh, ok got it. Ya, I basically agree. but to take it further, on the natural point. it actually is natural. historically women were kept to take care of the house, men.went out and took stuff. they had to share. this is fairly well established throughout many social species, including.our ow. and nowadays where women and.men are becoming more and more equally respected and social systems are put in place it still remains. the rich put in more than the poor. It’s just the rules. And i think these rules are essentially based probably on very much animilasitic history of our species. I would think it is indeed “natural”. we see similar in other social species as well. wolves, lions, dolphins and.so on. perhaps the real difference is we dont, or are capable of not, letting our weak perish as much as before. There are certainly those without ethics that take advantage of this, and this is a real.issue.

but the rich pay more than the poor seems fairly natural and normal to me in the most basic root sense. That’s why they also get advantages. fair is fair.

1 Like

You started the argument midway. Remember, you can not make stuff out of thin air, you transform matter from one form to another. How you do, and get that opportunity to do, that transformation is a matter of skill, societal infrastructure, positioning and sometimes, just dumb luck.

3 Likes

So it is natural for society to be patriarchal then right? Or for people to keep slaves? Since you said this is the natural state. The powerful give and take while the ones without power do what the powerful dictate. Nowadays, we have organized society so that the ones who were supposed to have power (the ones with the means, the ones producing things, the ones making money basically) have that power (money) taken away and given to people with less power, with nothing given in return! Not even a simple thank you. It is natural for those “getting” stuff for free to say a f*kin thank you and show some respect.

That is my point. I do not see any “thank you” or respect given to people paying taxes. It is not natural.

I do not know what you mean.

1 Like

My apologies, wrong choice of words. I meant your analysis was from a midpoint of a process. People do not just start making money: society has to create a market through which people ply their trades. That market is served by societal infrastructure (roads, rules, courts, security, water, education) for it to come into existence.

3 Likes

I would agree that it is certainly natural. it wasnt me saying that, just asking. I think historically and biologically this is undeniable. It may or may not be “right”, depending on both the details of the thing and of the society. I would say many mistreatments of various groups are natural, but wrong. But we should understand where it comes from if we are to change it.

if a person that is poor gets cheaper NHI care, should they go around to everyone that has a higher premium and thank them each time the bill comes for paying more? seems off point. Of course everyone should be thankful. or grateful. overall everyone has it relatively decent here. You and I should be grateful to have roads, infrastructure etc which are paid by richer people than us. But we dont thank them, we complain about potholes and delivery times. we have third parties to deal with such things (governemnt). they arent perfect, and we should certainly expect more from them. Always. I think the rich that pay the most as well as the poor that pay the least all have the right to voice for a better system.

I guess Iam just not sure what you want? surely it isnt just a thank you. If it were that easy, then damn.

But, just in case, thank you! And everyone else who contributes either time or money.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

This statement annoyed me. It is not natural to give to strangers and get nothing in return.

I wanted to express my displeasure at the statement from Alan above, not much more than that.

You are welcome.

Just saying, if you think government here take little and done nothing, they could do less and take more in some other countries.

Back home, tax are slightly more expensive than TW for first bracket (commoners), and universal healthcare is shamble because everyone poor and rich, try to get to the system first. Most of the tax money 60-80% used to pay the civil servants and their lifestyle.

Is it natural for the few to have so much while the many have so little? Probably in nature there are precedents for both.

Naturally, national health insurance is a social construct. One of the ways that some of us like to think we are better than animals.

I’m not going to thank rich people who have more than they need for subsidizing the health care if people who have less than they need. Some people are poor because they are flawed human beings, some people are rich for the same reason.

8 Likes