Unwanted Text Messages

Ever since I got my new cell phone and number I have been getting a ton of text messages, usually around 2am, all in chinese. I check with the wife and it always says something like: Remember me from last year, we had such a great time together I miss you…blah blah blah…basically its for a sex line. My old phone never got these messages, and it’s starting to annoy me. Anyone else have this problem?

Frost, that’s me. Don’t you remember all the good times we had. Just me and you together?
I miss you so much.
Please, Frost. Answer my messages.

I’ll be hurt if you don’t.

Lots of love and kisses,

Adam xxxxxxxxx

Tell them you’re gay (or if it’s a gay sex line, tell them you’re straight), and there’s no reason for them to waste money sending you SMSs. :slight_smile:

Just to be on the safe side tell them you are asexual.

I used to get those too. I would text back in English and say: “I don’t understand Chinese. Please stop sending”
Haven’t gotten them in a while.

[quote=“Damage”]I used to get those too. I would text back in English and say: “I don’t understand Chinese. Please stop sending”.
Haven’t gotten them in a while.[/quote]
Don’t worry, they’re working on the English translations right now. Anything to keep the customers happy.

I’d sign up for some MLM programs using their phone number. They’ll cancel it soon enough.

Yeah, I have that problem (though I’m not sure where they’re from) and I just erase them.

I get them sometimes too, but the number where it’s from is usually a weird one that if I dial them I may be charged a crazy long distance bill.

Post a really sexy LE ad all over the place using that Ph number.

You know how the number you get it from is a weird one that you can’t reply to? That must be becuase it’s sent from an automated program that accesses a list, or just randomly tries combinations. So it must be easy for the phone companies to block that sort of number right? Or maybe they get paid by those companies to be able to send the texts. Or perhaps they just don’t block them becuase the companies sending out thousands of texts a day is a good earner.

Anyway, I figured that the phone company must be able to block them, and called mine up (Taiwan Dageda) and told them to block them. They said it wasn’t possible. I argued it must be possible - they just block those weird numbers. Again they insisted that it was impossible. I told them that if I kept getting those messages, I’d switch providers. I haven’t got a single one of those messages since (and that was about 2 years ago).

So it can be done.

Brian

Did the same as Bu Lai En with the same provider but without succedss :fume: Will obvioulsy have them called again! Far more bothering are the calls I am getting from people pretending to be a bank and telling me I just left my credit card at Mitsukoshi or so. We have 20 consecutive numbers at the office, fun when we have a meeting and one by one receives a call. I usually answer with a full hearted “f… off” but still get those calls.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]
Anyway, I figured that the phone company must be able to block them, and called mine up (Taiwan Dageda) and told them to block them. They said it wasn’t possible.[/quote]I tried to get CHT to simply disable SMS for my number completely, but they said it couldn’t be done. [quote]I told them that if I kept getting those messages, I’d switch providers.[/quote]I promised them that if they (CHT) didn’t stop sending me ‘offers’ I would change providers, this while FET was pushing hard, and it only took two calls to get it stopped. Not one from CHT in 4 years. The next mob I had a problem with was FET who would send me the ‘good news’ about 005 service or some other shit every couple of days. I called the sales line every time, promising them I would never use a service that was spamvertised, so they may as well take me off the list. The messages kept coming. Eventually I got some manager on the line, got his name and office location and after listening to a lot of excuses, promised to go down there and thump him if the abuse didn’t stop immediately. No more messages from them.

[quote]So it can be done.[/quote]Yes, it can :slight_smile: