Yes, it will.

2008-03-07

The Kite Runner
10.000 B.C.

2008-03-14

Cassandra’s Dream
There Will Be Blood

10,000 BC
Me and my Raquel Welch poster had many a good time.
Interesting promotions.

huntersthompsonmovie.com/
I wonder if this one will make it here? It opens on July 4, 2008.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]http://huntersthompsonmovie.com/
I wonder if this one will make it here? It opens on July 4, 2008.[/quote]

I haven’t read any information about Gonzo’s releasing in Taiwan. I don’t think it could make it here.

If you were a true freak you’d just down load it illegally then throw a party with whippets and a room full of Phillipina women you met at the train station.

I’m looking forward to Goya’s Ghosts and Wall-E. Kungfu Panda was enjoyable, btw. Better than the average animated flick.

Hellboy II
Also Mummy 3 and a Big Titty Pit with a Gun movie.

Weeeeeell, we saw it at a preview tonight, and I have to say, although I really enjoy period movies and have a special, genetically based fondness for Spain, the movie did have its (serious) flaws. The film had fantastic sets and costumes. You were believably in 1800 Spain the whole time. There was some excellent acting in it. It illuminated the troubling times in which Goya lived, and gave insight into the inspirations for his nightmarish creations. The movie had impeccable pedigree, with director Milos Forman (two Oscars), producer Saul Zaentz (three Oscars) and Javier Bardem (one Oscar), but Goya’s Ghosts somehow just didn’t gel.

First of all, Stellan Skarsgård, as Goya, was too bland, not captivating enough of a figure. He was likeable enough, but lacked dramatic depth. How could such a milktoast character produce such dramatic and conflicted art? The two didn’t match up at all.

Second, the movie inexplicably failed to draw the viewer in emotionally. It was a distant telling of horrors, but too distant. I really couldn’t have cared less if the protagonist were shot in the streets, and the movie ended there. That’s a pretty sad state for a protagonist to be in.

The film failed to really connect, at a gut-wrenching emotional level, Goya’s paintings with the horrors he lived through. Sure, you saw his etchings, his prints, his paintings, his sketches, in the context of the events, but again, it lacked the dramatic emotional impact that it could have had.

Overall, I am indeed sorry to say, it was disappointing.

I saw 10,000 BC here in the States on Pay per view- it kinda sucked. Nice visuals, a lame storyline and a boring third act. I too liked Raquel Weslh in cougar skinned bikini but this didn’t even have that. Hell I even liked “Quest for Fire” but even that had Rae Dawn Chong teaching the redneck fireseekers how to do it missionary style around the camp fire. I gave it a two.

On a scale of 10 Being The Godfather I and II and 1 being Sex and the City.

I saw “Hancock” last night with my mom.
What kind of 40 year-old man takes his mother to dinner and to see a movie?
The kind that knows exactly where to bury your sorry-ass body in the hills-so shut your pie hole.

Mom fell asleep in the second act and was snoring away so I got to eat most of the Dots and popcorn. It started nicely with some great visuals; Hancock throwing a whale, etc. and gave Will Smith a chance to act black and bring his West Philly, Overbrook-thing to bat.
(White people think Black people acting street smart in a big Hollyweird movie is funny)

Except for maybe in a period piece like The Wild, Wild West which sucked Big, Big Balls.

Then in the third act, he stopped being funny, the storyline got confusing and dramatic and most of the action stopped. Charlize Theron has really dropped the weight from that lesbian serial-killer movie and she is smoking hot. She and her clevage were a relief during those messy dramatic scenes.
I was really happy to see Justin Timberlake in the movie because he looks older than I do now and he’s 10 years younger than me. It’s fun to watch celebs age worse than you do-(with the exception of Amy Winehouse who looks like an inside-out Armadillo handbag)

I might go see either Dark Knight/Hell Boy/Iron Man but the only one of my friends who has even read a graphic novel is heavily medicated, lives with his parents and has one of those ankle monitors. So maybe I’ll just see it alone.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]

I might go see either Dark Knight/Hell Boy/Iron Man but the only one of my friends who has even read a graphic novel is heavily medicated, lives with his parents and has one of those ankle monitors. So maybe I’ll just see it alone.[/quote]

Didn’t know the chief has a curfew and still lives with his ma…

The Bank Job is out now. I’ve always liked heist movies so I might go. This is the most British film Jason Statham’s been in since Snatch, so it should be better than all the Hollywood trash he’s done recently.

ONCE will be in theater tomorrow. I have been reading many positive comments on it from film websites and What are you watching (Movies)? thread. Finally, it is officially released in Taiwan. I can’t wait to see it.

By the way, did anyone see The Commitments? Glen Hansard played same role in ONCE and in The Commitments 15 years ago.

‘In Bruges’ opens this weekend, I’m told. I’m looking forward to something in a Guy Ritchie vein.

Crazy gangster movie set in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
They still managed to get the wrong stereotype in that Belgians speak French. Bruges is a Flemish city, so having the locals speak French is like having Vancouverians speak French.
End of rant.

The Good, the Bad and the Weird will be in Taiwan at the end of this month (2008/11/21). I am looking forward to seeing it. It probably would be my last film seen in theater in 2008. It seems pretty Sergio Leone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901487/

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=imgdpz_0m-8

I will never go to a cinema in Taiwan again. The first time I went I had a twinky next to me who spoke on her phone all throught the movie. The second time, a family of taikes decided to have a picnic on the floor in the aisle next to me. The third time, some guy behind me kept kicking my seat, and when I asked him politely to stop he continued. I asked him again (politely) and he continued. I then turned around and told him that if he carried on I would jump over the seat and give him a good kicking. Him and his mates had a hearty laugh about that, so I jumped over the seat and gave him a good kicking. Not conducive to an aesthetic cinematic experience. I bought a big screen TV and order my movies from Amazon.com. Now In can happily watch the credits at the end of a movie without getting pissed off by the disrespectful people who are leaving.

Eastern Promises.

At last. According to the ad on TV, it’s opening Nov 28, next weekend.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is going to be on the IMAX. But in order to catch all the nuance of Keanu Reeves acting like an emotionless alien… you may need a much bigger screen. I hope the film doesn’t make Michael Rennie ill in his grave.

[quote=“enzo+”]‘In Bruges’ opens this weekend, I’m told. …
Crazy gangster movie set in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
They still managed to get the wrong stereotype in that Belgians speak French. Bruges is a Flemish city, so having the locals speak French is like having Vancouverians speak French.
End of rant.[/quote]

They must have been Belgian aristocrats.

Be careful. It opens on December 12th.

12/12/2008
1+2 = 3
1+2 = 3
2+0+0+8 = 10
33-10 = 23!

Can’t wait to see the three movies.

2008/01/23 Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
Miyazaki makes his comeback.
Trailer: http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=MfAUIZMccCA
How to turn on English sub: CLICK THE UP-ARROW ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE PLAYER AND MAKE SURE THE CC LOGO IS CHECKED
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0876563/

2009-02-20
MILK

2009-02-13 Ip Man
I love Donnie Yen! :slight_smile:
Trailer: http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUR6P5VwGo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220719/