*** UPDATE: Chess Event Jan 27 ***

The chess event will be on January 27 from 5:00 to 8:00pm. We now have the ten players I was looking for. We will probably have other chess events in the future so if you are interested in playing chess let me know.

Andrew

I’d like to hold a chess event at my place in January or February 2007. Ten players, five chess boards,a leasurely afternoon or evening meeting new people and playing chess. If that sounds like something you would like to do please contact me.

I live in San Chong city. It’s only a 15 - 20 minute bus ride away from Taipei Main Station.

Andrew
andrewburgon@hotmail.com

I might be interested, but I’m gonna be gone from Jan 28th to Feb 21st… I live in Luzhou, next to Sanchung.

I’m in! Does this count as contacting you, or should I send an email?

I knew you would respond miltown. :slight_smile:

It sounds like fun. I’d love to join you guys if I knew how to play chess. :laughing:

I haven’t played a real game in years. Lately we’ve been teaching our 3 year-old the basics (not forcing her to be a genius; she just likes setting up the nice wooden pieces on the board).

I am probably at your 3 year old’s level MT, bring it on!

You’re on. Here she is playing Big Blue. Note the dreaded sleeping pawn move.
youtube.com/watch?v=AwXHT70_fcY

And if you are in/near Taichung, we have a small group of players that meet the first Sunday morning of each month. On other Sundays, you can usually catch a game somewhere on Soho street. The Sunday night games involve more speed, more beer, and considerably less rigor than the Sunday morning meets.

PM me for details about the Sunday morning games.

MT, man you gotta teach her the right way around for the King and Queen. The King has a big Cross on his head because he’s Head of the Church or some such nonsense.