Update: guitar safely delivered by the US post office

It’s probably because of climate change.

Good result. I’ve had problems (in the reverse direction) with usps too. Would never use them again.

1 Like

Sometimes I get things that big shipped from Amazon to Taiwan in three days. And that’s the free shipping.

1 Like

US Expats! A letter from Texas was sent to me in Taipei through American post its almost 10 working days still didn’t reach me. The sender was informed that Taiwan comes under China so there might be issues with delivery(?!) Is there a way to find out where exactly the letter is? or any recommended postal service from US to Taiwan in 2-3 days?

Is this letter important? If it is you should have sent it by DHL or whatever. USPS sucks right now and it may take over a month if it got here at all…

Yeah, in the UK i’ve had ‘economy’ stuff shipped over from China (via Incheon) in less than 48 hours, but ordered something from North Dakota and it took a week to leave the states, then I got hit with a customs charge which was 1200% the value of the item, so it got sent back!

Necro-posting here a bit, but we run into this frequently with our smaller business customers in America, (them asking us about insuring packages we are sending to them).

Long story short, if you have a business, you should have a business insurance package. One of the options will be coverage for goods in transit. It’s cheap and you’ll never have to worry about this again, regardless of who the carrier is or where the package is going. :sunglasses:

(If shipping internationally watch your INCOterms though, if the paperwork isn’t perfect it’s easy for there to be a “gap” where nobody is responsible.)

How cheap is cheap?

Depends what you’re shipping. It’s been a few years since I looked but I think our policy is ~$1200/yr. However we’re also shipping multi-$M/yr w/single shipments often exceeding $10k. So for our purposes extremely cheap. Fewer shipments and/or lower value should be commensurately lower policy cost though. (All USD above.)

1 Like