Update in Canada

Glad to see that you are still fighting the good fight in Taiwan…keep it up!

My husband and I are happily settled now in Ottawa, Canada…there is life after getting deported!

My bosses are nice to me, I understand everyone, and I don’t have to hide in a closet when the police show up…how wonderful!!!

Someone had a question about having the “Get the f**k out of Taiwan for 5 years” stamp. I’ve been to Thailand, Cambodia, Trinidad, and America(and Canada), and not one of the officers ever inquired about that stamp. One American border official did scrutinize it, but didn’t ask me anything. It hasn’t affected my employment either, as I was not convicted of a crime.

My husband will be attending teacher’s college and will be applying for international posts in a few years…we might even return to Taiwan!!! How crazy is that! Luckily, I do have a passport from another country(that I can have in my maiden name), to circumvent the pesky blacklist thing, although I believe that we would return after the 5 year period ends anyway. I also don’t plan on working if we ever did return; my future job title will be " wai guo ren Costco shopper".

Taiwan has a lot of good things going for it, and despite everything I went through, overall it was a good experience.

Remember:
-Run, hide, or both
-deny everything
-have your cell on you at all times to call your friends for help
-don’t trust your employer completely

Good luck to you all!

TCG

[quote=“tiredcanadiangirl”]

Remember:
-Run, hide, or both
-deny everything
-have your cell on you at all times to call your friends for help