I have been without power for about a week here at my entropic web empire HQ and am wondering if there is something I should be doing to protect my gear from this crap houses’ electrical wiring. This is brought on by the look of horror on the electrician/plumbers face, who was sent to fix the problem, when he saw all the computer gear set-up in my office.
You wouldn’t believe the wiring here (well you might) - no fuse boxes just a bunch of levers with open electrical wires hidden away under the steps.
Should I purchase some kind of “regulator” or surge protector? What should I buy and at what cost? Or just give up and move to house that has electrical system that wasn’t created in the 19th century.