Upscale Ethiopian or German food in New Taipei or Taipei

There are certainly a bunch of threads about German food and the OP should search for those.

On Ethiopian food: somewhat to my surprise, it looks like there was a vegan Ethiopian place, Ethiopia Pure, in Maji Square - a common location for international options that unfortunately often don’t last. Their Facebook page says they shut down in Maji in late 2021, and would post again when they had a new location. There’s also a Reddit thread about them. If they had a Maji stall, however, I very much doubt any new venture would be upscale.

A thread specifically about Ethiopian food, from 15 years ago, says there aren’t any.

There was a West African restaurant in Danshui, but they only lasted a couple of years (and yes, I know asking about Ethiopian and being told about West African isn’t unlike asking about Korean and being given suggestions for Malaysian):

Machine-generated articles are fascinating … this article gives the 47 best Ethiopian restaurants in Taipei. I didn’t scroll the whole list, but in the top ten or so, I saw no mention of Ethiopian food.

https://wanderlog.com/list/geoCategory/802842/best-ethiopian-foods-and-restaurants-in-taipei

EDIT: Huh, didn’t realize this thread had been bumped up from late last year, but whatever.

5 Likes