Urgent: Can my aunt sponsor my JFRV?

Hi, is it possible for me to apply for JFRV if the person who sponsors me is not my mom? She is my aunt (my mom’s sister). She is taiwanese and married to taiwanese local.

I think no. Resident visa for the purpose of joining vanishingly is for a spouse or children. You could ask to BOCA or NIA.

Iirc, you should be a linear family of a Taiwanese to have a Taiwan area resident certificate as a relative of the Taiwanese.

Btw, in this forum, most people use JFRV to mean a visa and residence certificate for a spouse of a Taiwanese.

1 Like