Urine infection - OTC antibiotics needed!

Your suggestions for an OTC antibiotic to treat a urine infection. Had same infection about a year ago, can’t remember what the doc gave me back then.

Don’t feel the need to go to the doc, if I can get what I need over the counter.

The burn is on, so prompt replies are welcome!

Cheers!

[quote=“Dirt Merchant”]Your suggestions for an OTC antibiotic to treat a urine infection. Had same infection about a year ago, can’t remember what the doc gave me back then.

Don’t feel the need to go to the doc, if I can get what I need over the counter.

The burn is on, so prompt replies are welcome!

Cheers![/quote]

How do you know it’s an infection? I (and the docs) treated my recurring “infection” for years until it turned out to be just salts piling up in my bladder. All I have to do is to drink a lot of unsalty fluids.

Drink a lot of tea and see a doc. It’s not a good idea to take random ABs.

Drink Cranberry juice, it really help!!

Go see a doctor. Could be an STD, could be a bladder infection… This Web site has information on urinary tract infection, including some of the drugs commonly used for treatment.

kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/

Also:
umm.edu/patiented/articles/h … 0036_8.htm

Good luck!

Don’t mean to nag, but pls don’t abuse antibiotics . . . it always worries me how cavalier the Taiwanese are about this issue.

As I suspected, urine infection. Went for a urine test today. Guess it’s off to the doctor for some meds (as much as I hate visits to the doctor, and the subsequent machine gun packages of medicine that they dispense).