US Announces Highest Level Rep visit to Taiwan since 1979

https://us.yahoo.com/news/us-announces-highest-level-visit-decades-taiwan-022201588.html

2 Likes

Are they going to quarantine 14 days upon arrival?

3 Likes

I’d bet they don’t.

1 Like

I see CNN has an article on this but I haven’t read it yet.

That has been answered in the Taiwan coronavirus thread. The answer is “no” but lots of testing. And something about a barge pole. Us Yanks would say ten foot pole, which is about the right length for social distancing coincidentally.

“LeBron Kowalski, a 10-foot Pole, said he would be quarantining.”

3 Likes

a 10-foot Ukrainian would be more believable…

1 Like

China’s reaction

1 Like

Makes threats while accusing others of endangering peace :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

Anyone know if he’s going to officially pay his respect to Lee Teng-hui’s family?

So 2 middle fingers up to China instead of just 1?

2 Likes

I don’t see the point of it. “Here’s what we did that wouldn’t be feasible in the USA”. But, if it pisses off the CCP then I’m a happy bunny.

Probably a good week to avoid talking to unknown foreigners in bars and restaurants
n street corners

11 Likes

Secretary Azar praised Taiwan’s response to Covid-19 and added “We in the United States decided to follow a different course, which is why you had 7 deaths, and we have had 165,000 so far.”

5 Likes
1 Like

I’d been reading a book, The Middle Kingdom and the Land of the Rising Sun: A history of Sino-Japanese Relations. I learned that China has always gotten mad at everything since the beginning of modern times.

Trump is used to that by now. Everybody does it to him.