US/Canada Background Check

Hi everyone, wanted to see if anyone’s had any experience with my specific situation.

Basically, I’m planning on moving to Taiwan from Canada in the near future (unfortunately timeline’s been postponed for obvious reasons) and in my spare time stuck at home I’ve been doing a lot of research/preparing documents to apply for residency. (I’m a NWOHR, if that matters.)

My question is this: I’m a dual US-Canadian citizen, and have lived in both countries periodically; most recently, I moved back to Canada a few years ago in 2018. I’m wondering what I should do regarding the background check that I need to have - is the RCMP one enough? Or should I also get one issued by the FBI as well?

I suspect that if I asked TECO, they’d tell me to have both background checks for my application (and of course I’m not trying to break any laws or anything). It’s just rather inconvenient to have to get yet another document in a foreign country and get it notarised abroad, and if they aren’t looking for it, I’d rather save myself the hassle.

Thanks in advance!

wouldn’t it be that if you enter on Canadian passport, you’d get Canada’s background check, and same for U.S. passport?
Cannot enter Taiwan with both passports, if you have both. Choose one, right?