US mother ruled too Western by Saudi court will appeal

3 Likes

Saudi Arabia is just a shit place to live if you’re a woman. Or a gay guy. Or a Jew. Or a Christian. Or a Shiite Muslim. Or basically anyone who isn’t a heterosexual Sunni Muslim male.

8 Likes

That was Davids Cameron’s other terrible decision, to nominate the Saudis to the UN Human Rights Council. And in this interview you see it, cringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khGa49rM6iM

Jon Snow! what a legend

3 Likes

The reality is they’re a shit hole country that was lucky enough to sit on top of oil. Nothing civilized about them.

1 Like

I believe that Jews are denied entry at Saudi customs. Not possible for Jews to be in SA legally.

How would they know you’re a Jew? Unless you’re holding an Israeli passport? But even then, not everyone with a Israeli passport is a jew

I assume they ask at customs, and if you lie and it’s discovered later you’re going to have a bad day.

eta: I just read this no-Jews-in-SA info the other day somewhere, don’t remember where.

eta2: I think it’s a hard and fast rule for Israelis (or even anybody who has an Israel stamp in their passport). Seems it’s a gray-er outcome for non-Israeli Jews.

Thats insane, but I suppose no Jews would even want to go there in the first place really nor would Saudis associate with a Jew in any way. I guess it’s not going to go well if Moshe Goldstein tried to convince them he is now a jew lol.

He thought he’d be rather good as Prime Minister.

1 Like

I think that’s only if you’re Israeli. I’m Jewish and I can visit (not that I want to). It’s not like they’ll check to see if I’m circumcised.

If you have an Israeli passport or stamps, you’ll be in trouble though.

As crazy as Obama thinking Iran can be trusted with nuclear anything

I’ve talked to a Saudi girl in London and while she tried her best to downplay the ultra conservatism in her country (like “oh it’s ok to not follow the dress code in Saudi Arabia but everybody just does” etc.), she made it very clear that she’s never going back.

Tbh I think she might be in trouble if they ever find out about her Instagram account. What she has on it (which is nothing particularly crazy; just the normal selfies) seems enough to get her locked up. I remember I once joked with some other friend about the fact that she had been drinking in London and hugging guys in public and stuff would get her executed back home.

Conversations with people from certain places really make one realise how normal life in your own country is. Some of the shit is legit mindblowing.

4 Likes

Or a human!

2 Likes

Obama was just a small piece of the whole machine.

I think an apostate is the worst. It’s not safe to be one.

That’s why he tried to get rid of them. Then Trump came along, and seems to be doing as well with Irran as he’s done with the love of his life in North Korea.

Usually the laws in ME are super ridiculous and if followed half the country would be hanged but most of those laws are rarely enforced. They are just there to get rid of political opponents.
So while definitely not something any civilized person would want to be subject to its not as insane as they appear at first, especially when you account for the masses that would follow the requirements just because the culture has been ingrained into them.

A friend of mine works at a school in SA and he’s told me that sodomy among teens and young men is rife and accepted as normal.

Some boys have to take time off school because they get damaged by ‘big’ boys.

What? Are you being serious?