US student from TaiDa learning chinese center killed himself

In Chinese:
tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/ … 22lys.html

He found out in his girlfriend’s cellphone a text message from a guy asking her out to see a movie, he had argument with her, then jump from the 12th floor of his building.

very sad story…

Why sad? Her friend just wanted to go see Avatar before it goes off the circuit and after a stupid argument her angry boyfriend jumps from the 12th floor.

What a drama queen.

Sad that he was so stupid, maybe.

Sad because it was an unnecessary loss of what could perhaps have been a good life. Young people just starting to live on their own and new to romance are often very fatalistic. Suicide is a permanent cure to a most likely temporary problem. The young are especially inept at handling a breakup or thought of a breakup.

Especially living in Taiwan there ARE many fish in the sea !!

And its amazing what some young people will do just after an argument. At an ER one day they brought in a very young girl of around 14 or so. She jumped right out of her bedroom window after her mother chewed her out for some small thing. Very lucky for her she landed on an old sofa and the 4 story fall didnt kill her or even injure her. But doing this from the 12th floor is not very unsurvivable

p.s. his death this way will scar his immediate family members and the girl too and other close friends with a lot of guilt of “what ifs”. Didnt have to be this way. RIP

Who saw him jump? Only the girlfriend, or other witnesses?

yep that is a good question. I’ve been in Taiwan long enough to know why u are asking that question.

It was his choice to end his life. Which, after all, is his to do with such as he pleases. Nothing sad or stupid about it. Who are we to judge or try to fathom the reasons why?

Tai Da Chinese learning Centre should clock that up as a great success. He not only studied the language, but also mastered the local fuck you suicide.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Tai Da Chinese learning Centre should clock that up as a great success. He not only studied the language, but also mastered the local fuck you suicide.

HG[/quote]

Yah my wife just commented on how local he was, doing the jump thing.

A Taiwanese friend of mine did “the jump” about 6 months ago

yep that is a good question. I’ve been in Taiwan long enough to know why u are asking that question.[/quote]

Allegedly the mother and the daughter. He jumped from their building, after leaving their house.

CORRECTION: the daughter says she heard a loud: BUMP! and then looked out and saw her BF had jumped, according to the link provided by OP. So technically, no one saw him jump.

This part is weird. After reading the message:

[quote]GREGORY怒不可遏,砸爛租住處的電腦、電視、衣櫃,還賭氣說,反正沒錢換新的,乾脆都打爛;又說他若死了,要夏女幫忙通知他媽媽。
[/quote]

Gregory became enraged, broke the computer, TV, closet, and said he had no money to buy new, made a mess of things. Then he said: if I die, make sure to tell my mother.

So, whose stuff was that? Whose house was it?

The young tend to kill themselves under severe distress, while the older tend to kill…OTHERS.

Seems like a lot of killing is going on recently, but probably not more than any other day.

Bullshit. It was a stupid choice and he undoubtedly was immature and/or emotionally unstable and/or just plain sick and needed serious help.

Life is precious. It’s a shame to see some young, stupid kid throw away something of such immeasureable value just because he’s too young and/or screwed up to see past some undoubtebly minor, short-term, petty, resolvable issues. Presumably, if he’d had the strength/maturity/wisdom/profesional help to get past this, he could have eventually lived a rich, full and satisfying life.

The suicide of 15 year-old Phoebe Prince is in the news lately too.

content.usatoday.com/communities … year-old/1

Is that all hunky-dory too, because she was just fulfilling her wishes?

We need education for todays highschool and college kids to help them handle emotional distress. We need to make counselors available.

Bullshit. It was a stupid choice and he undoubtedly was immature and/or emotionally unstable and/or just plain sick and needed serious help. [/quote]
Whether you think it was stupid or not, it’s his choice. And it’s certainly not yours to judge him for his choice of action. Perhaps if one knew the chap, and his rationale, then one might be in a position to judge. If the case is otherwise, then one is merely imposing one’s own subjective interpretation of a very complicated issue. Try taking the rose coloured-glasses off once in a while.

How do you know all these things? Were you his doctor? You’re presuming a lot. Maybe he wouldn’t. Maybe he had serious issues that were not resolvable. Life is not all peaches and creme, and some people just get tired of being sick and tired about the futility of existence, as they see it. To some of us life is not precious, but only a series of trials which one is forced to endure. The only shame about the whole matter is the effect on his friends and family. They are the ones who truly suffer. I’ve been around enough suicide cases, both real and attempted, to know that calling a suicide ‘stupid’ is just plain crass, and totally oblivious to even a tenuous grasp of basic mental health issues. Unwise, perhaps, but certainly not stupid.
However, feel free to call me stupid, whenever I decide to clock out early. I will hardly be in a position to care by that point.

[quote]The suicide of 15 year-old Phoebe Prince is in the news lately too.

Is that all hunky-dory too, because she was just fulfilling her wishes?[/quote]
She’s hardly an adult who is qualified to make her own call about her own life.

And the girl and hers.

I agree. Such a terrible waste of a young life that could have been so different. What really strikes me about this is that once we get a little older and look back on events or situations that we once thought were so important, we usually think, “Sheesh! Why did I worry/stress so much about that. It was really nothing in the big scheme of things.” But when we’re young we tend to over dramatise everything, which is fine and part of growing up/older, but hardly worth killing yourself over.

Absolutely the biscuit-crux. My brother-in-law, the stupid misguided fool, was a jumper. The effect it has had on my nearest and dearest is incalculable.

My brother self teminated jimself in his car after running a hose in from the exhaust. HE got extremely drunk first and fell asleep no doubt before being gassed to death.

My parents only concern was that he didnt wait long enough because his insurance policy would pay if you committed suicide within 13 months of taking out the policy. Nice parents I had :ohreally:

Bullshit. It was a stupid choice and he undoubtedly was immature and/or emotionally unstable and/or just plain sick and needed serious help.

Life is precious. It’s a shame to see some young, stupid kid throw away something of such immeasureable value just because he’s too young and/or screwed up to see past some undoubtebly minor, short-term, petty, resolvable issues. Presumably, if he’d had the strength/maturity/wisdom/profesional help to get past this, he could have eventually lived a rich, full and satisfying life.

The suicide of 15 year-old Phoebe Prince is in the news lately too.

content.usatoday.com/communities … year-old/1

Is that all hunky-dory too, because she was just fulfilling her wishes?[/quote]

vicious some teens are nowadays

taipeitimes.com/News/world/a … 2003469354

And the girl and hers.[/quote]

What does the girl have to do with some lad who decides to fling himself off a building after a hissy fit?