US student from TaiDa learning chinese center killed himself

Really? Come on, in the US they try 15 year olds in court as adults when it relates to homicides.

Suicide is just self homicide and you just normally don’t get charged for doing that to yourself if succesful, but you can be charged if you fail at suicide.

Tragic as it is, she abviously made her own call. It seems that the others who bullied her have now also been charged in her death.

Eh? Shouldn’t that have an IMHO on the end? I know many people who would disagree with you.
Life is precious to some people. To others, it is not.

Eh? Shouldn’t that have an IMHO on the end? I know many people who would disagree with you.
Life is precious to some people. To others, it is not.[/quote]
True, but that’s usually because they believe killing themselves involves 100 virgins waiting at the gates of paradise, or a return ticket to try this life thing again.
A lot of people also believe they’re Napoleon…

On the other hand, you also get people who believe their lives are precious. That of others? Not so much.
Some of them also believe they’re Napoleon.

True, but that’s usually because they believe killing themselves involves 100 virgins waiting at the gates of paradise, or a return ticket to try this life thing again.

On the other hand, you also get people who believe their lives are precious. That of others? Not so much.
Some of them also believe they’re Napoleon.[/quote]

I don’t want virgins I want road tested sluts. So could I ask for that instead ? Then I’ll consider it if its true. Also could they wait for me outside the 7/11 rather than at the gates of heaven?

I don’t want virgins I want road tested sluts. So could I ask for that instead ? Then I’ll consider it if its true. Also could they wait for me outside the 7/11 rather than at the gates of heaven?[/quote]

I think most guys want the road tested sluts. But it’s not as honorable or pure as getting chics who haven’t got a clue.

Back on topic— Perhaps getting people who are suicidal to see that they have more power over situations that are effecting them is better than the “life is precious” route.

I don’t want virgins I want road tested sluts. So could I ask for that instead ? Then I’ll consider it if its true. Also could they wait for me outside the 7/11 rather than at the gates of heaven?[/quote]

I think most guys want the road tested sluts. But it’s not as honorable or pure as getting chics who haven’t got a clue.

Back on topic— Perhaps getting people who are suicidal to see that they have more power over situations that are effecting them is better than the “life is precious” route.[/quote]

I often hear people saying about those that commit suicide “so selfish”.
However what many forget is that a good proportion of those taking their own lives are not in a clear state of mind to even be capable of thinking about those ramifications. :2cents:

[quote=“fenlander”]
However what many forget is that a good proportion of those taking their own lives are not in a clear state of mind to even be capable of thinking about those ramifications. :2cents:[/quote]

I don’t know…I would tend to think that you are rather in a clear state of mind, and that your mind in focused on killing yourself. Takes a lot guts to do it and even more guts to follow thru.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“fenlander”]
However what many forget is that a good proportion of those taking their own lives are not in a clear state of mind to even be capable of thinking about those ramifications. :2cents:[/quote]

I don’t know…I would tend to think that you are rather in a clear state of mind, and that your mind in focused on killing yourself. Takes a lot guts to do it and even more guts to follow thru.[/quote]

Tomorrow I am going to sweep the tomb of my friend who killed herself last year. She was a 41 year old China Airlines air hostess (supervisor). She had two kids and was divorced. The American Chinese guy who dated her managed to con her out of her life saving and then move to China. She threw herself off a 15 story building after leaving a note to her kids and ex husband. It was not the money alone it was the hurt of being cheated so badly. It was a terrible thing for all of us and I only found out the reason why she did it recently. I am still shocked now. Damn if only I could of done something. It sucks. I feel for this guys relatives and friends too I know how they feel. My friend was so kind to others and always helped people there was zero indication she was even close to suicide.

Apparently some people saw her walking up the stairs to the roof and she even said hello and looked normal then she just walked up, looked down and then stepped off. Yah so Nama maybe you are right from what I hear she was very calm.

[quote=“fenlander”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“fenlander”]

I don’t know…I would tend to think that you are rather in a clear state of mind, and that your mind in focused on killing yourself. Takes a lot guts to do it and even more guts to follow thru.[/quote]

Tomorrow I am going to sweep the tomb of my friend who killed herself last year. She was a 41 year old China Airlines air hostess (supervisor). She had two kids and was divorced. The American Chinese guy who dated her managed to con her out of her life saving and then move to China. She threw herself off a 15 story building after leaving a note to her kids and ex husband. It was not the money alone it was the hurt of being cheated so badly. It was a terrible thing for all of us and I only found out the reason why she did it recently. I am still shocked now. Damn if only I could of done something. It sucks. I feel for this guys relatives and friends too I know how they feel. My friend was so kind to others and always helped people there was zero indication she was even close to suicide.

Apparently some people saw her walking up the stairs to the roof and she even said hello and looked normal then she just walked up and stepped off. Yah so namma maybe you are right from what I hear she was very calm.[/quote]

Sorry to hear of your loss. That just leaves me speechless…

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“fenlander”]

Most people who attempt or commit suicide are depressed. Depression is not a clear state of mind.

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“fenlander”]

Most people who attempt or commit suicide are depressed. Depression is not a clear state of mind.[/quote]

Depression clouds the mind when making a good decision, but the person may still be very decisive as to what they are going to do about it, e.g. to jump.
Depression makes them think there is only one solution.
Very sad to hear.

[quote=“dan2006”][quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“fenlander”]

Most people who attempt or commit suicide are depressed. Depression is not a clear state of mind.[/quote]

Depression clouds the mind when making a good decision, but the person may still be very decisive as to what they are going to do about it, e.g. to jump.
Depression makes them think there is only one solution.
Very sad to hear.[/quote]

Very right. It does cloud the mind, or rather have the mind focused in a narrow minded direction. However IMO that’s a bit like manifesting a dream…anyone who has been focused on making something happen knows that the mind can tend to fixate on that desire and move only in the direction to making it come true. The difference here is that of impact. A mind fixated on creating the next best thing-- i.e. the iPad vs. offing one’s self, is only a matter of positive and negative cultural connotation. In some cultures, suicide can be an “honorable” thing.

While I don’t necessarily condone suicide, I tend to think why do we (in general) call the person selfish for their actions, when it is us (general) who could also be selfish for our inabilities to accept the finality of life and personal choice?

[quote=“Namahottie”] In some cultures, suicide can be an “honorable” thing.

[/quote]

Slightly off topic but as recent as around 100 years ago among the British military upper classes it was also the honorable thing in some circumstances. A bottle of the best Scotch and a revolver was the gentlemanly way to end it when failing your king and country.
Easier than the Japanese way but still …