US supports Terrorists

Not new news, but maybe for people who believe that US governments are honest and fair.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4535661.stm]Cuba ‘plane bomber’ was CIA agent.
Posada’s Declassified US government documents show that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA.

Luis Posada Carriles, a Cuban-born Venezuelan and anti-Castro dissident, was an agent and informer.

The papers also reveal that an FBI informer “all but admitted” that Mr Posada was one of those behind the 1976 bombing that killed 73 people. .[/url]

Nice to see the War on (some) Terror is alive and well.
I wonder how many of the ‘rag heads’ work for the CIA?

Mind if I highlight some of the words?

[quote]Declassified US government documents show that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA.

Luis Posada Carriles, a Cuban-born Venezuelan and anti-Castro dissident, was an agent and informer.

The papers also reveal that an FBI informer "all but admitted" that Mr Posada was one of those behind the 1976 bombing that killed 73 people.

Mr Posada, who denies any involvement, is said to be seeking asylum in the US. [/quote]

from the same article…

[quote]"The documents, released by George Washington University’s National Security Archive, show that Mr Posada, now in his 70s, was on the CIA payroll from the 1960s until mid-1976.

One FBI report quoted a confidential source as saying that Mr Posada was one of several people who met at least twice at a hotel in Caracas, allegedly to discuss bombing a Cubana airlines plane.

The report recommended that no action be taken on the information, as it would compromise its source.

Mr Posada was arrested in Venezuela after the bombing, but was not convicted before he escaped from prison."[/quote]
article date -> [color=red]Wednesday, 11 May, 2005, 10:36 GMT 11:36 UK[/color]

And still…no proof of the allegations has been shown.
Just shrill hyperbole based on assumptions and empty agenda driven hopes.
Thanks for playing.

I should have remembered unless the government says so it’s all false. Just like all those 'rag heads in Iraq and the patsy recently killed. All suspects aren’t they?

So what about Bin Laden?
What part of 9/11 was he behind?

I dunno why, but when I see cakes’, and some of the others, posts, I am reminded of this game…

I dunno why…

I’ll ask the question again.

So what about Bin Laden?
What part of 9/11 was he behind?

[quote=“cake”]I’ll ask the question again.

So what about Bin Laden?
What part of 9/11 was he behind?[/quote]

Uhm…funding and planning it?

[url=http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20060610&articleId=2623]FBI says, “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”

On June 5, 2006, the Muckraker Report contacted the FBI Headquarters, (202) 324-3000, to learn why Bin Laden’s Most Wanted poster did not indicate that Usama was also wanted in connection with 9/11. The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury.[/url]

I do not normally respond to posts by Cake. What would be the point? But just so others who may read this forum are clear as to the fact that Osama bin Laden IS on the list and the reasons for the “confusion” are rational and easy to understand…

[quote]Osama bin Laden
June 7, 1999 #456
Osama bin Laden is the leader of Al Qaeda, and is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States embassies in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. Osama and Al-Qaeda are also responsible for the October 12, 2000, attack on the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen, which killed 17. Although bin Laden also later appeared on the first publicly released FBI Most Wanted Terrorists list on Oct. 10, 2001, he was listed there for the 1998 embassy attack, and not for his alleged role in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000, because the most wanted lists name fugitives charged with a crime by a prosecutor or under indictment by a grand jury. Bin Laden was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in, for instance, the federal indictment against convicted terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui, but has not been formally indicted for his role in the September 11 attacks.

Bin Laden is the subject of a $25 million reward through the State Department’s Rewards for Justice program targeting international fugitives, especially terrorists, plus $2 million through a program developed and funded by the Air Line Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

Osama Bin Laden’s FBI Most Wanted Fugitive Alert Rewards for Justice Wanted Terrorist Osama bin Laden[/quote]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Ten_Mo … _Fugitives

Now, that this has been cleared up, I hope that we can see less about ignorant conspiracies from our earnest whack jobs…

[quote=“fred smith”]I do not normally respond to posts by Cake. What would be the point? But just so others who may read this forum are clear as to the fact that Osama bin Laden IS on the list and the reasons for the “confusion” are rational and easy to understand…

[quote]Osama bin Laden
June 7, 1999 #456
Osama bin Laden is the leader of Al Qaeda, and is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States embassies in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. Osama and Al-Qaeda are also responsible for the October 12, 2000, attack on the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen, which killed 17. Although bin Laden also later appeared on the first publicly released FBI Most Wanted Terrorists list on Oct. 10, 2001, he was listed there for the 1998 embassy attack, and not for his alleged role in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000, because the most wanted lists name fugitives charged with a crime by a prosecutor or under indictment by a grand jury. Bin Laden was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in, for instance, the federal indictment against convicted terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui, but has not been formally indicted for his role in the September 11 attacks.

Bin Laden is the subject of a $25 million reward through the State Department’s Rewards for Justice program targeting international fugitives, especially terrorists, plus $2 million through a program developed and funded by the Air Line Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

Osama Bin Laden’s FBI Most Wanted Fugitive Alert Rewards for Justice Wanted Terrorist Osama bin Laden[/quote]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Ten_Mo … _Fugitives

Now, that this has been cleared up, I hope that we can see less about ignorant conspiracies from our earnest whack jobs…[/quote]

Nice try from the resident ‘crazy’ (nickname given to the current neo cons when they served under Reagan and daddy Bush, by the normal people who worked for the government).

Hilarious! I get called a whack job, whilst you want to nuke countries and turn them into parking lots. Who is the nutter there? What would make you different to some nutter wanting to blow up a subway train?

How come some of your cronies haven’t ripped you apart for quoting wikipedia?

Where is the ignorant conspiracy?

There is NO evidence Bin Laden was behind 9/11. I asked where the evidence is. Maybe the FBI hit a wall when they were told to back off investigating the bin laden family?

I knew he was on the list years ago (and not for 9/11) and I’ve made this point countless times. But you’ll never be convinced your ‘crazies’ can do any wrong. Maybe you could just blame it on Carter, you blame him for everything else.

They paste Bin ladens photos everywhere (usually with some fake audio recording) when they need to remind people about the war on some terror.

The whole Bin Laden thing is getting tired. Your ‘crazies’ need to invent a new Goldstein and blame him for everything from earthquakes to bird flu.

[quote]Hilarious! I get called a whack job,[/quote] You are a whack job.

Fine. You do not like Wikipedia, go directly to the FBI Web site. Were you not stating that bin Laden was not wanted by the FBI for connection with 911? I merely showed that bin Laden is on the Top 10 list. Got any proof that he isn’t?

Yes, that’s what I wanted to ask you. Aren’t you the little paranoic that sees dirty dastardly deeds behind every action? If not, congratulations on finding your new found sanity.

haha.

The fact that people like you support Carter just goes to show how right I am in using the term whack job. Perhaps, without a butt munch like Jimmy, we would not be dealing with the mullahs in Iran right now. Compare the change of governments that took place under Reagan in Nicaragua, El Salvador, the Philippines, Korea and Taiwan and ask yourself if that would not have been better for Iran as well?

Ah yes, the fake recordings… which were made by the Illuminati? No. Too simplistic… Perhaps, the shape-shifting reptilians? Oh yes. They definitely are the ones. And this is all done to keep the US military-industrial complex running at full speed so that poor people do not get enough health coverage and ignorant children such as… you know… do not get a proper education… In your case, I highly regret not doing more to help these unfortunate illiterates.

So bin Laden is just a “thing.” I will leave your statements here as a final indictment of your paranoid conspiracy theory whackiness. Maybe you and Spook should get together to form your own club though no doubt you will both be looking over your shoulders at each other wondering when the other guy is going to “get you.” haha

If being ‘normal’ means I’ll support dropping Nukes on innocent people then you can call me a ‘whack job’.
Fortunately ‘crazies’ like Fred smith are in the minority.

Any sane person would not support Nuking countries.
They seem to think ‘Oh we’ll just nuke them and all our problems are solved’

[quote=“fred smith”]

Fine. You do not like Wikipedia, go directly to the FBI Web site. Were you not stating that bin Laden was not wanted by the FBI for connection with 911? I merely showed that bin Laden is on the Top 10 list. Got any proof that he isn’t?[/quote]

Wikipedia has been ripped apart by some of your fellow followers of the Bush Junta.
I never said I didn’t like it, I quite like the website. If I’d have quoted that I would have been ridiculed for it, but you do and there is silence…hypocricy.

And I’ve NEVER said Bin Laden isn’t on the 10 most wanted list.

Nice try with the doublespeak.

[quote=“fred smith”]

The fact that people like you support Carter just goes to show how right I am in using the term whack job. Perhaps, without a butt munch like Jimmy, we would not be dealing with the mullahs in Iran right now. Compare the change of governments that took place under Reagan in Nicaragua, El Salvador, the Philippines, Korea and Taiwan and ask yourself if that would not have been better for Iran as well?[/quote]

Where do I say I support Carter?
I don’t support ANY of them. I just find it hilarious you seem to blame Carter for everything that went/goes wrong for America.

[quote=“fred smith”]

Ah yes, the fake recordings… which were made by the Illuminati? No. Too simplistic… Perhaps, the shape-shifting reptilians? Oh yes. They definitely are the ones. And this is all done to keep the US military-industrial complex running at full speed so that poor people do not get enough health coverage and ignorant children such as… you know… do not get a proper education… In your case, I highly regret not doing more to help these unfortunate illiterates.[/quote]

I prefer to read news reports that state what has happened.
Like when Benjamin Netanyahu was warned 8 minutes before the bombs in London were detinated on 7/7.

Yes I like to question everything the government tells us. Only a dumb fool wouldn’t.
You neo-con suppoters are in such denial. Akin to the germans who believed they were still winning the war right til the end. You feel you have to show ‘patriotisim’ when ALL the facts are on the table. Is there some sort of fear there?
But most supporters of Bush haven’t got a clue what neo-con means and think he’s a conservative or a republican.

[quote=“fred smith”]

So bin Laden is just a “thing.” I will leave your statements here as a final indictment of your paranoid conspiracy theory whackiness. Maybe you and Spook should get together to form your own club though no doubt you will both be looking over your shoulders at each other wondering when the other guy is going to “get you.” haha[/quote]

So where exactly is Bin Laden?
If you want to believe the fake fat Osama video was really him then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

The CIA has just annonced it closed its unit for capturing Bin Laden. I wonder if that’s because he is long dead?

Isn’t it Ironic that my beliefs are closer to Paul Craig Roberts (Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration,) than Fred Smiths are.

Did I say anyone should be nuked? I said ALL options should be on the table when dealing with Iran including use of tactical nuclear weapons.

[quote]Any sane person would not support Nuking countries.
They seem to think ‘Oh we’ll just nuke them and all our problems are solved’ [/quote]

Yes, that simplistic appraisal does adequately reveal your “thought processes,” but it is not an accurate description of the indepth and lengthy conversations that are taking place regarding how to deal with Iran. Lucky you. Lucky me.

Where and when?

I doubt very much that your citing Wikipedia is the reason why you were ridiculed. It probably had to do with something that you wrote…

Sorry, my mistake. You said that there was no “hard” evidence linking Osama with 911.

Thanks…

Sorry, from reading your posts, I just assumed…

No. No. It was the Jews who did not show up for work on 911 because they knew the Mossad was going to bomb the buildings to blame the Arabs.

So why not question the sites that say that Netanyahu knew 8 minutes before that the bombs would go off in London on July 7?

Yes, only a dumb fool wouldn’t. On THAT, you have my complete agreement.

about what pray tell?

Interesting that you would bring up the Germans since I know a great deal about that. I seriously doubt that the Germans believed up until the end that they were going to win. I think that was already clear and a very major worry by end of 1941. Stalingrad finished off any hope and by 1943 the relentless string of losses was a bit too obvious to ignore.

Do those facts include the “fact” that Netanyahu “knew” about the bombings in London 8 minutes before they took place?

I think I understand fully. I support the neoconservative goals internationally. I just wish Bush were a bit more of a Republican back home, especially with regard to corporate welfare, budgets and educational reform.

I assume in Pakistan. Hell, maybe even in Iran. I don’t know.

So, er, can you tell me more about this conspiracy. Is Osama dead? What? Who’s putting out the videos that show Osama preaching to the al Qaeda cohorts?

I read the story. I believe it was a bureaucratic decision to better and more efficiently use resources. Apparently, he can be dealt with just as effectively under the anti-terrorism department. What is your read on this? I really do hope that you will share…

Ironic does not even begin to describe your assertion that you would be on the same planet as anyone in the Reagan administration. Yes, irony, painful irony… or ludicrous slapstick vaudeville.

I’m not going to spend time looking for your cronies ripping wiki.
One example from Tainancowboy:
Might as well use WikiWacki as a sole source.

I do and when the information is quickly taken down when they realise that truth and news are different things, then I come to a conclusion. Also when such news isn’t reported by the likes of your favorite house of bullshit - Fox, it has credability.

Basically Bush can not do any wrong can he? If he says Nuke Iran he must be supported. I thought Clinton was a scum bag but the current regime are lower than whale shit.
Reaganites despise the Neo con trotskyites.

[url=http://www.infowars.com/articles/world/uk_subway_bombing_netanyahu_changed_plans.htm]Netanyahu Changed Plans Due to Warning

Associated Press | July 7, 2005
By AMY TEIBEL

British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday’s explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn’t aware of any Israeli casualties.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.[/url]

[quote=“fred smith”]

So, er, can you tell me more about this conspiracy. Is Osama dead? What? Who’s putting out the videos that show Osama preaching to the al Qaeda cohorts? [/quote]

Yes the conspiracy is somewhere people working for your government are making fake videos of OBL. Any fool could see this video isn’t him.
If you believe that was him, I have several bridges I can sell you:

I expect no repsonse from this as you MUST believe it is him. By the way the fake one is E just incase you can’t tell the difference between their noses and the chubby cheeks etc.

[quote=“fred smith”]

Ironic does not even begin to describe your assertion that you would be on the same planet as anyone in the Reagan administration. Yes, irony, painful irony… or ludicrous slapstick vaudeville.[/quote]

Roberts basically thinks Bush and co are scum. I do too.

So Scotland Yard called the Israelis to tell them. You did not make that clear in your first post. So? Scotland Yard probably called a great many people to let them know about the warning. From your first post, you made it sound as if the Israelis and only the Israelis knew about the threat and that they did not do anything about notifying the proper authorities. So? So? So?

I really have to fear for the future of Canada when I read mindless posts such as this AND you are teaching what? Children in Taiwan? There ought to be a mental fitness test along with the physical before people such as yourselves are given visas. I think I will lobby to get that included in the future.

[quote=“fred smith”]So Scotland Yard called the Israelis to tell them. You did not make that clear in your first post. So? Scotland Yard probably called a great many people to let them know about the warning. From your first post, you made it sound as if the Israelis and only the Israelis knew about the threat and that they did not do anything about notifying the proper authorities. So? So? So?

I really have to fear for the future of Canada when I read mindless posts such as this AND you are teaching what? Children in Taiwan? There ought to be a mental fitness test along with the physical before people such as yourselves are given visas. I think I will lobby to get that included in the future.[/quote]

You’re from the “Anyone he mentions Israel must be an anti-semite” brigade.
Nothing to do with Israel. The problem was the UK authorities new and warned a select few. No harm in letting innocents die though is there?

I’m not Canadian and for the second time not a teacher.

You should take a look at the kind of visas your government issue - like the one to the taleban spokesman studying in the US.
What about Chalabi - isn’t he wanted by interpol?

Only where Spook is concerned, otherwise, I am not particularly “concerned.”

Scotland Yard passed on a warning. This was not clear in your first post which made it sound as if the Israelis knew but did nothing to warn anyone else. Or at least that is how I read it. Also, they passed on the warning to Israel, but is it clear that they passed it on to no one else?

I apologize for insulting Canadians and teachers.

Obviously, no one from my side of the fence supported that. More of the rich multicultural tradition that now paralyzes thinking at our elite universities like Yale. Just goes to show that senility can also affect institutions even venerable ones when they reach a certain age. Many of these institutions of higher learning seem to have a greater focus on getting higher than on learning. But there you have it.

I am not sure but he is turning out to be fairly influential in Iraq despite the nay sayers from the State Department and there you have it, gosh, golly, gee, conflicting American interests and real issues and differences of opinion. Amazing that we are not all in cahoots to loot the world blind.