USA and gun control

Newsweek is drowning in negative cash flow. They’ll seize any flotsam that comes to hand.

Brought it on themselves, they did. But that’s another thread.

The Moonies are no less cynical, but perhaps much less stupid. This latest attempt to manufacture a moral panic has backfired, making AR-15s cool in a rebellion-signaling way.

1 Like

Research now out…Guess pools and bicycles are next to be outlawed.

Four times the number of children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today, Fox said.
“There is not an epidemic of school shootings,” he said, adding that more kids are killed each year from pool drownings or bicycle accidents.

Fridel and Fox used data collected by USA Today, the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Report, Congressional Research Service, Gun Violence Archive, Stanford Geospatial Center and Stanford Libraries, Mother Jones, Everytown for Gun Safety, and a NYPD report on active shooters.

1 Like

Not to mention the Washington Times…

Nothing to see here folks.
People die EVERY day what y’all worrying about.
Heck even good Christians are bringing their AR15s to church these days.

Im not a Christian nor am I religious, but the Korean Unification Church you’re referring to is clearly a Cult with strong ties to MSM(Newsweak) in the US. I doubt any Christian denomination would consider them Christian . Sometimes the truth is crazier than fiction, but when you see its all about money, power and manipulation agendas become clear and its not so strange. Whats even stranger is Newsweak is akin to a Tabloid Ultra Left wing gossip outlet.

Back in the day it was semi reputable. Along with TIME, those were our study books for vocabulary and reading comprehension while preparing for SATs and TOEFL.

I was reading an article quoting an statsitic that 2 in 3 US citizens are on some kind of medication. Is that adult population? Teenagers? They offer that as an explanation for the, ehem, “shooting epidemic”. I’d call widespread violence in modern societies, but well…

I have also read that “we have no mass shooting epidemic” as a recent slogan. Maybe we have more information now. Maybe if affects people closer, as opposed to war shootings etc. I was also reading, for isntance, the carnage of pedestrian accidents, mostly in places of the US with no sidewalks, meaning 99% of roads built for cars, not pedestrians. I think we may be onto something here…

1 Like

Its funny now a days every other page on TIME magazine is a big Pharma drug ad. They keep making up new diseases and drugs. Before I moved to Taiwan 5 yrs ago RLS, RBS were the new diseases that needed treatment RLS - Restless leg Syndrome,( aka go outside and take a walk.) RBS Restless bowl syndrome. (Aka Stomach ache.). Sadly America is drugged up.
But TIME is definitely still more reputable than some other “News” outlets

Realistically/Statistically the 90s were the worst times in the US, growing up there I can vouch the 90s were way more dangerous than today by far. The feeling of just walking down the street or interacting with teens is way different and safer today than back then.

Having said that, yes the school shootings/ mass shootings are a more recent problem since late 90s when gangs, and murder were rampant. Of course gun laws need to be stricter but that alone won’t solve the core issues, since there were always huge numbers of guns even back in the 70s and these shootings were not happening 3 times a year

These random shootings are up yes but overall Violence, and violent crime in the US is half of what it was back in the 90s its much safer today although if you watch the MSM all the time it will look like its going to hell when in fact its improving.

Depends where you live doesn’t it . New York is vastly better, not so Chicago by accounts.
But even then where do you actually live n Chicago or New York would be key. When I went to NYC in the 90s police actually pulled me and my buddies out of Harlem and drove all the way downtown 'for our own protection ’ lol. Love the NYPD.

I was reading the question Quincy Jones interview in GQ and according to him Compton, South LA and Chicago now has nothing on Chicago in the 1930s!

Great interview by the way.

The insincerity of calls for sensible gun laws:

And here’s something about paranoid conspiracy theories:

The new narrative: Donnie’s a gun grabber! :scream:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OAf7PClVfAk

Maybe Trevor Noah can write some skits about the “funny” things going on back in his home country.

1 Like

Um, yes, he does talk about African issues from time to time.

Glad to hear that, because pretty soon, BRICS will lose the “S” and go back to being BRIC after what’s about to happen down south over there.
Or perhaps the bloc can transform itself into BRICZ, as it appears that Zimbabwe and RSA are moving in different directions.

What he is doing is following a formula, IMO anyway. He’s done it before and not even too long ago on DACA. He knows where the public opinion is, so

1. Hold an open meeting for the press and appear to give the opposition everything they want. Democrats are giddy “Hahaha Drumpf thinks this is the art of the deal, what a loser”
  2. Tells them to go away and put everything they want in a bill.
  3. They make a bill with all the things they like and non of the things the other side wants.
  4. Trump rejects it and puts forward a compromise, which most people are ok with even if some of his demands seem stupid.
  5. Democrats can’t accept the compromise.

Which is where we are on DACA, nowhere, which is probably where he wanted to be AND the ball is in their court and can’t use the issue to bludgeon the Republicans.

Rinse and repeat. Gun control, an issue he is in lock step with the NRA, but knows the polls are strongly in favor of implementing tighter restrictions.

1. Hold an open meeting for the press and appear to give the opposition everything they want. Democrats are giddy “Hahaha Drumpf thinks this is the art of the deal, what a loser” <-------You are here.

After a while it will feel like being Charlie Brown trying to kick a football and Lucy pulls it away at the last second every time.

1 Like

Yes he is a famous chess player always thinking twenty steps ahead.

1 Like

It’s not rocket science, he wrote down what he does in a book. If the left wasn’t so convinced of their intellectual superiority they might take a couple of hours and read the damm thing.

What is it with his detractors, either you agree he has the mental capacity of a potted plant, or you must be a boot licking Trump supporter who thinks he plays 4D chess.

He’s doing what he does, making deals, or creating a win win situation for himself, take the deal dont take the deal, he wins. Washington is not used to this behavior, Republicans look on in horror at this point, Democrats greedily pile on everything they could ever dream of.

No, but someone in that house is. :smile:

Ivanka%20%26%20Donald%20profile

Your initial analysis is not so inconsistent with Trevor’s. About your follow-up…

There’s just one problem.

:idunno:

I thought Ibby said it was 5D chess… :thinking:

I see Justin Trudeau may be visiting the US , to speak about Gun control.

2 Likes

More like Village People revival…

1 Like