USA and gun control

Right, gun ownership falls into many political ideologies. But - and I could be wrong - the resistance to common sense gun control measures feels like it’s purely relegated to the right. There is probably some wiggle room for that, but if you look at where the arguments are coming from for the most part, I don’t think I was off the mark.

Your words, not mine. This is exactly what I meant by ‘no sensible discourse.’ But since we’ve devolved into such stupidity, can I assume by saying that what you want to say is “dumb cuck libtard Crooked Hillary something something snowflake”?

You really are in your own reality here. Factually wrong on every single point.

But thanks for sharing that link!

Postmodernism is sour grapes. A bunch of Marxists had just enough intellectual courage to face the fact that communism was an utter failure, but not enough to admit that this was peculiar to communism. So they had to shit on absolutely everything rather than admit anything could be less awful than their miserable failure of preference. That’s how postmodernism was invented.

Actually there are huge numbers of Liberal gun owners in CA believe it or not and growing each day.

After The Donald was elected, a lefty friend of mine talked about buying a gun to protect himself during the Trumpocalypse.

They don’t want everyone to be without guns. They want everyone but themselves to be without guns.

It’s common sense!

I literally started that post with: “gun ownership falls into many political ideologies.”

Not at all, I’m just having a bit of fun. Oscars are on today, I expect we will get a sermon on guns from the ever holier than thou crowd of virtue signalling actresses and actors whose day job is glorifying guns and gun violence while seated in a self congratulatory room guarded by 400 men with guns.

1 Like

That’s a given!

I’m wondering why there seems to be no Oscars 2018 thread. I mean, I have my suspicions, but I don’t actually know.

And the gun grabbers want to change that.

Think those are mostly the private security/bodyguards of Hollywood liberal elites. :sunglasses:

nah theres tons, Many are minorities too Asians, Latino. The MSM news will never give you that perspective though. They prefer to generally create divisive stereotypes now a days than shedding balance to a topic.

So basically the US, like Venezuela, has crossed that line at the point of no return. There will be a Civil Waragain, either when someone tries to take the guns away or when the gun owners feel both threatened and empowered enough to take over what is let of the mascarade of democratic exercise. Both extremes meet at the center.

What worries me is that this is coming at the edge of some drastic global weather changes and possible cataclysmic conditions. Adding war to the mix may spread …

1 Like

It would be a short civil war, given that the sides are so ill matched in terms of ability. courage and numbers.

But the wild card is the military.

Collectively blaming people for the actions of one person is wrong? But Above Average IQ Rowland told us to blame 25 milion North Koreans! What will we do now? :astonished:

No good, no bad. That really is postmodernism summed up.

Sounds more like Nietzsche, or maybe a Cthulhu worshipper trying to rationalize his choices… :idunno:

Find a mass shooter who was an NRA member (hint: there aren’t any). The NRA advocates responsible firearms ownership. The guy who stopped the church shooter was an NRA instructor.

Aha! :bulb: So, if NRA membership were compulsory, that would fix it… right? :rainbow:

Ta da!

When that Cruz kid is dictator of the US you’ll have a valid point.

Il Douche seemed to want to be dictator, but couldn’t quite manage it.

I was thinking about thsi as I was reading news from te otehr side of the world. I am not so sure that getting rid of all teh poor people, as it has been inteded, tried and executed before, is the solution. There ar too many in teh upper classes creating chaos, destruction, stepping over the legal and natural concepts of life, property and basic rights. So as with teh stray dog population problem, what you have is basically an up down destruction. The lower classes are just fed up in Venezuela from al the injustices, which feeds class clash. I cannot say I blame them, as if you gave me a gun, teh ones I would shoot would be the ones pulling the strings among teh elite.

I was reading an example: teh owner of a chain of tv stations and press and factories and stuff, also has a cattel racnch next to a stray animal shelter. He wants that property as he can then control teh water springs in it and hence, teh ones in this part of teh country. Now, water is considered a public resouirce, but he can manipulkate government and law to hsi advantage. So he sends wave after wave of thungs, killing dozens of teh animals in teh shelter, and seriously maiming a few employees. Death threats, “accidents”, you name it. Police of course cannot move a finger against this person. His actiosn create a chain of cosnequences that the poorest and most vulnerable in the country suffer. he gets to buy another mansion in Miami.

So who do you shoot, the guy giving teh orders or the goons? Shoot the goons who are hired guns and there wil be more. Shoot the elite member, there will be wailing and crying and he will be a hero and receive a burial where everyone will kowtow. And his children will follow and do worse.

And that is why, my friends, in Latin America guns or no guns we are always at war with each other.

1 Like

Very true…

Shoot enough of the goons, and the other would-be goons will do a first pass risk-reward analysis and decide not to be goons. Then the supply of goons will evaporate.

That’s how it works. Simple common sense.

Oh, and… once you’ve killed enough goons, you can kill the bosses. Kill enough bosses, and the worship will evaporate.

Just kill the baddies until you reach the tipping point. Northwestern Europe worked this out centuries ago. But the Latino mindset just can’t grasp this. They’re too traumatized. It’s a defeatist mindset.

1 Like