USA and gun control

Actually no it isn’t.
They have excepted these from the ban.

It’s actually fairly lenient and well thought out. These are omitted because hunters and farmers use them.

What semi-automatic firearms will not be affected by the ban?

• Semi-automatic .22 calibre rimfire firearms with a magazine which holds no more than 10 rounds
  • Semi-automatic and pump action shotguns with a non-detachable tubular magazine which holds no more than five rounds

Great, I can use a caliber used for killing rabbits to defend myself against someone who doesn’t care about the ban. My buddy was shot 5-6 times with a 22 and was fine. I guess I better not miss with all 10 rounds.

Your buddy probably wasn’t fine.
I mean he’s probably missing an eye and some brain but otherwise unharmed.

Note…Most guns are NOT being banned.
If you are worried in NZ you get a license and buy a bigger calibre gun.

Or learn how to make friends with the locals.

No, he’s fine. Obviously had to go to the hospital. But nothing major came of it. Unless you shoot someone in the head, or get lucky with a bullet bouncing around hitings bones that shatter into tiny shards, 22 is not a ideal weapon against another armed person.

So the government employees that were trained to get the job done didn’t get the job done. Their solution is to bring in other government employees with less relevant training. It’s still government employees.

Still, they can’t possibly do a worse job than the Broward Country Sheriff’s Department.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing how this will work out. A good guy/gal with a gun that’s properly trained is always a good solution to bad guys with a gun. And seeing how it’s a voluntary position, I’d have to think the person will be the person that has the mental fortitude to do what is necessary to protect the children.

that cop that was assigned to the school was probably the worst cop they gave the BS position to. He probably never thought or wanted to actually do anything and just became a cop for money.

Good guy with a gun: good.
Bad guy with a gun: bad.
Stupid guy with a gun: also bad.

I have very little faith in public school teachers. But at least they’ll be there.

easy solution: all high school teachers must undergo swat training as part of their teachers license…all potential future teachers who refuse that are just stupid left-wing nutties.

2 Likes

Idk. It is completely voluntary and they know what they’re signing up for. I’ve been to many schools where I had teachers who were in the military and such.

Yeah it’s called Taiwan under martial law. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah. Beavis and Butthead satirized that type. They yell a lot, but it’s self defeating in the end because they’re not allowed to hit the kids, so the kids know it’s all a bluff.

At least they know their way around a sidearm.

Perhaps now the debate can begin.

(For those unclear on the concept, a debate involves both sides being heard.)

Yes, it’s a pity that the liberals won’t listen to any opposing views.

1 Like

So this arrived in my email tonight, with obvious respect to shipping time. I suspect you won’t find any ad - or price, or personal freedom - similar outside perhaps Israel. :grin:

Happy (early) July 4th my fellow Americans !! :us:

2 Likes

That will penetrate those armored vehicles in Venezuela.

1 Like

I already have a Barrett. Not this fancy limited edition, however.

1 Like

What counts, in my book, is that the US military would be willing to change things because US civilians might own one. Fancy 10-rd magazine etc. not necessary. The whole point of 2A.

So far, so good. :+1:

Yea, don’t try to debate with Liberals on gun control. They will not take in any solution that does not involve restrictions on gun ownership and very harsh penalty to those who owns guns.

Any attempt to debate them will make them think you’re a danger to society and they’ll even twist your words out of context so they can call the police on you (saying you are going to shoot up a school for example).

1 Like

It has been a little bit since my last post, funny story, about a week after my last post I got my finger cut off at work. I was out for a couple of months but right after I returned a disgruntled employee made a Facebook post or something threatening some people at work and thought I keyed his car or something and threatened to shoot the place up.
Well he did do that. but it was at night and he just shot out some windows.
The first thing the company did was declare the place a gun free zone. Then they put locks on the office doors and told us all to run into the bathroom and hide in case of a shooting. We all had to enter and exit the building together through one door way leading into an alleyway towards the parking lot. They did hire unarmed security for a month before they lost interest but the office doors are still locked.
Now everybody brought their guns to work anyway. One supervisor had a trunk full of old gun (22’s and single barrel shotguns mostly junk guns) and told his people where to go if he returned during the day.
Now my problem is that even though I am well trained and well armed my shooting hand was missing a key finger. I just couldn’t shoot straight. I tried to learn to shoot with my right hand but I didn’t feel safe. I eventually found a special grip for my j frame 38 that worked great.
My point was, the leadership of our company didn’t really care about the safety of the employee or at least the non essential ones. Their reaction to the threat made it much more dangerous for us and a little safer for them. I liked the way people came together to protect each other. Even if there was an incident and I got shot by friendly fire I would rather die that way than running for the bathroom to hide.
This is how I feel about whats happening in America now with gun control. People who are afraid of guns and refuse to defend themselves feel the only way they can be safe is to ban more guns so they can be a teeny bit safer when they leave their gated communities to go to panera bread. But those of us in the real world see violent crimes and robberies and death all the time. a few months ago I walked out of my side door with an ar15 in my hand and accidentally chased away a burglar who had already robbed a house down the street. We found his bag with the other guys stuff in it the next morning but that’s another weird story.
When my very nice but very liberal neighbors were literally crying about Donald trump being elected and locking up “the gays” in camps I told him to send his gay friends to my house and Ill protect them with my guns because having guns means you are not afraid of whoever is the president. Some of you guys get it but a few of you never will.

3 Likes

:thinking::astonished: