USA Scholarship information?

Son will be immigrating to USA next year. Any ideas about scholarships for Taiwanese?

How old is your son?

20 this month. He finished first year.
Tom

Then, I’d suggest to let him do some search by himself.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100%.
However, he is “Asian” boy.
ChenKuo has not been expected to do anything except go to school and study,
study, study.
Thanks, T.

Then, this will be a good practice to do something practical.

Correct.
You are a clever person!
Thanks.
T

Are you asking scholarships from the government or from the school? Schools should be pretty easy to find info about. Just go on any school website and there should be a huge list of scholarships and what the requirements are. I’m sure there will be many that target foreign students.

Do high schools and universities in Taiwan have guidance counselors to
assist in scholarship search?
Tom

He can ask the question at his school by himself!

In American or European and international schools they usually do. Don’t know about local schools. Universities in my experience have been pretty useless. No one seems to know anything, it took multiple calls to multiple people keep telling different information and asking me to call someone else and multiple visits to the actual uni for someone to finally tell me I can’t apply as a international student here.

Is he in a university here?

Immigrating for what purpose? It might affect scholarships.

1 Like

He could start his search from here.

FHI
American International Education Foundation
美國教育基金會
http://www.aief.org.tw

But why not let him ask here by himself…

I was curious.
T

Thousands of scholarships are available. Specifically for someone from Taiwan? It is best to check with your local stars: Most serious companies will have scholarships for future managers.
There is a book, updated every year, for scholarships in USA. The key to 99% of them is the essay: Why YOU should be the one to receive the money. Next is subject interest: Aerospace and Biotech are big. Anything related to IT is flooded with applicants. (English Lit. Anthropology; Sociology, forget it.) What is son’s goal? I can check easily for related scholarships. Sorry, but ‘next year’ is a little to close. Many scholarships are grabbed by HS students a year or two before graduation.

Glitch in the Discourse tesseract plugin? A week and still no reply from 2017 Yamashiro44.

Thank you. I will check that site.