Use a Money Order for Your (US/FBI) CCRD & Its Translation

I’ve changed this entry and the title, again.
Thanks for your replies and it looks like the money order is the winner for the best way to send this payment. A cashier’s check from a main branch bank is good, too.

According to the TECRO site (Washington, DC): “4. The authentication fee is $15 per authenticated document. Payment accepts cash, money order or cashier’s check only (no personal checks or credit cards).”

Cash is a no-no to send in UPS, Fed Ex or DHL envelopes.
A cashier’s check drawn on a bank’s main branch is immediate; one drawn on a branch bank will take more time as the main branch will do the work and send the paper check to the branch.

Just trying to provide helpful information. Any other options?

As far as I know, NO postal or shipping service (such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc) will knowingly accept packages including cash. It’s usually on the documentation, particularly on trans-border shipments.

Any shipment that crosses borders is subject to customs inspection.

Although it’s illegal to send cash in the mail, TECO does tell you they accept cash. Don’t fall for it. Get a bank check made out in the currency of your choice. Think of the extra 300NT or whatever as insurance. There is nothing to protect you if a postal worker, customs guard, or office worker at the other end pockets your cash.

Thanks for the replies. If you’re going to send a Bank cashier’s check in USDs, be sure to allow for 1 to 3 days wait from the time you arrange for the check to the time you return and pick it up. I believe this process is meant to teach us patience or to test our ability to jump through hoops gracefully.

Seeing a bank to bank wire transfer is safer and cheaper I dont know why you dont send you money by T/T?

Modern credit cards and many licenses are imprinted with RFIDs and will be stopped in the post normally. We recently had asked about posting a friends wallet contents back to the states and had a hell of a time. I’ll ask the wife what she did in the end as I know she managed to send them.

From the TECRO site:
“4. The authentication fee is $15 per authenticated document. Payment accepts cash, money order or cashier’s check only (no personal checks or credit cards).”

This is payment that must accompany the CCRD and its translation to TECRO for authentication. A money order or cashier’s check appear to be the two options for payment.

Money orders are very simple and you get them the minute you ask for them.

Not so. I got one the other day. The first bank told me I’d have to wait for two hours because they have to send it to the main branch and get it back. I got the address of the main branch, went there and had it made on the spot. Now, if you went to a small branch late on Friday and they had to send it on…maybe 3 days over a weekend.