Use eni i-Sint 0W-30 synthetic oil in 2 L Cefiro

OK, I admit it. I got nervous and had another look.

I stand by my earlier statement, but would add, from table 4 (indoor storage recommended shelf life at 20C)

Independant oil company C: 10-30W Motor Oil (mineral OR synthetic) : Infinite

I’ll have to look for the “Independant Oil Company C” logo next time I’m in RT-Mart, before people start faking it. :smiley:

Would 10w50 or 15w50 have advantages in the hotter months? And do you have any opinions on Total Quartz Racing oil (French company)? Sorry, I know this thread is old now.

Hi. Total Quartz I haven’t any personal experience with. I’m quite shy when it comes to using random brands, and especially shy in Taiwan, with the number of fakes out there. I buy mine directly from the distributor to avoid fakes. As far as summer vs winter on the low temp side of oil, it shouldn’t make too much difference in Taiwan, between a 15w and a 5w for the most part, due to the moderate winter temps rarely going south of 5-10C.

Just a recent note on modern engines. There seems to be some information/rumours at least, coming out that the direct injection motors don’t like higher calcium engine oil additives as it’s affecting the timing and knock. It may be the reason so many are splitting, cracking and self destructing at fairly low mileage.

Thank you for the heads-up re the direct injection motors. I’m still driving and enjoying my 2004 Cefiro. Quiet, comfortable, and roomy. I’m not keen on many newer cars. They often seem cramped inside. Plus a lot of expensive to replace electronics.

Actually, you could probably help me determine something I’m discussing in another thread. Would the 2004 2.0L Cefiro do better on 95 or 98 octane? I just know it takes premium.

Here is a picture of some 5w-50 Oil for reference purposes only .