Used acoustic guitar?

Hi new to Taiwan and Formosa…
I’ve been to a few music stores (instruments), but I’m wondering where I can pick up a used acoustic guitar (w/ or w/o pickup)… I left mine in the States, and my dad won’t ship (or can’t). Where can I find a place that sells secondhand acoustic guitars? Or does anyone on here have one 4 sale? Thanks!

Not sure, but if you don’t find a better answer, check out the shops in this thread for starters:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17999&hilit=guitar&start=0

BTW, I got a beautiful NEW Yamaha CG101-A, $5500 [/b]at Tony’s (the sales clerk “Nalu” (aboriginal name) was very friendly, patient and helpful). I don’t know what level you’re looking for but there’s nothing wrong with this guitar. Looks and sounds lovely (I have only my skill to blame).

[quote=“artboy909”]Hi new to Taiwan and Formosa…
I’ve been to a few music stores (instruments), but I’m wondering where I can pick up a used acoustic guitar (w/ or w/o pickup)… I left mine in the States, and my dad won’t ship (or can’t). Where can I find a place that sells secondhand acoustic guitars? Or does anyone on here have one 4 sale? Thanks![/quote]

There may be one for sale on Taiwanted.com, but unfortunately the search function is complete crap, and has been since it changed names from forumosafieds.com (I reported it, but obviously no-one gave a shit).

So, as an act of rebellion, I bring you www.tealit.com!
tealit.com/ad_categories.php … anguage=en

One for sale there, but it may be gone now. Regardless, they do show up there from time to time.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Not sure, but if you don’t find a better answer, check out the shops in this thread for starters:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17999&hilit=guitar&start=0

BTW, I got a NEW entry level Yamaha CG101-A, listing at $5500, for only $4400 at Tony’s (the sales clerk “Nalu” (aboriginal name) was very friendly, patient and helpful). I don’t know what level you’re looking for but there’s nothing wrong with this guitar. Looks and sounds fine (I have only my skill to blame).[/quote]
I hope you are continuing to practice.

I forgot to say, Nalu is indeed a very nice guy, and speaks great English.

I have one of these that I might be willing to sell. Mine isn’t Korean – it’s Japanese. Better fit and finish and better overall quality. Plays nice, sounds great.

[quote=“sandman”]I have one of these that I might be willing to sell. Mine isn’t Korean – it’s Japanese. Better fit and finish and better overall quality. Plays nice, sounds great.
[/quote]

Damn you Sandman. Why did you have to go and post that?

Wow…thanks for the quick replies :slight_smile:

I don’t need a new one, but a decent used would suffice. As far as the level/ skill…I’ve got some nice guitars at home (USA) but, here, I do not want to spend the money on another high quality (i.e. Martin or Gretsch like what i have now), just something that plays decent/ sounds decent, and used is fine. I’ll look into your suggestions…and Sandman, I’ll PM you as far as that resonator is concerned. Thanks again!

[quote=“artboy909”]Wow…thanks for the quick replies :slight_smile:

I don’t need a new one, but a decent used would suffice. As far as the level/ skill…I’ve got some nice guitars at home (USA) but, here, I do not want to spend the money on another high quality (i.e. Martin or Gretsch like what I have now), just something that plays decent/ sounds decent, and used is fine. I’ll look into your suggestions…and Sandman, I’ll PM you as far as that resonator is concerned. Thanks again![/quote]

I don’t know if you’re still looking, artboy909, but there’s one for sale here: tealit.com/ad_categories.php … anguage=en

I have NO idea what it is or if it’s any good, but you sound smart enough to figure that part out.

If I was looking to sell an acoustic guitar I’d put more than that as description as well as good photographs. Too many things can go wrong with acoustic guitar that it would be insane to buy one without knowing what it went through. For all we know it was probably left in a hot car and therefore unplayable.

Buyers beware!