Used Book Store

I realize this has probably been discussed before, but I did my searching and couldn’t find a thread on the subject. I’m looking to sell, not buy, a bunch of books.

In particular, I’d love to sell an immense set of law books: over 150 volumes on US federal law – West publishing’s Corpus Juris Secundum treatise – updated to 2000 (one can always sign up with the publisher for further updates). Original price about US$2,500, hoping to get a few hundred $ and get all those damn boxes out of my apartment. Obviously, those will only sell to a person or store seriously interested in law books.

The above is my primary reason for asking, but I’ve also got a dozen or so other books I’d like to unload.

That might be something you already considered, but in the spirit of helping, here it goes:
Yahoo auctions
eba.com or ebay.com.tw
:wink:

Hmmmm, about some US immigration books? Are they worth anything to anyone do you think?

Sure, one of the volumes probably has lots of useful info on immigration (the books are an intense legal encyclopedia, containing first the relevant Federal statutes, then a carefully organized discussion of all relevant court cases that have discussed the statute, making clear how it is applied in actual circumstances). As for me, I’m particularly interested in the volumes devoted to patents, trademarks and copyright. I’m sure many people might have other particular areas of US federal law that they’re interested in and these books will provide far more detailed info than they could obtain anywhere else.

But it’s a complete set of over 150 volumes and I don’t want to destroy its value by picking it apart piece by piece. Perhaps I should inquire with large local law firms or follow igorveni’s wise advice.

In any event, I’ve also got a few handfuls of ordinary, normal, individual books that I’d like to unload. Any idea where?

Sure, one of the volumes probably has lots of useful info on immigration (the books are an intense legal encyclopedia, containing first the relevant Federal statutes, then a carefully organized discussion of all relevant court cases that have discussed the statute, making clear how it is applied in actual circumstances). As for me, I’m particularly interested in the volumes devoted to patents, trademarks and copyright. I’m sure many people might have other particular areas of US federal law that they’re interested in and these books will provide far more detailed info than they could obtain anywhere else.

But it’s a complete set of over 150 volumes and I don’t want to destroy its value by picking it apart piece by piece. Perhaps I should inquire with large local law firms or follow igorveni’s wise advice.

In any event, I’ve also got a few handfuls of ordinary, normal, individual books that I’d like to unload. Any idea where?[/quote]

Oops, I wasn’t clear on my post. I’m sure your collection of books will be useful to someone–we have a bunch of INS books that my husband’s been hanging on to for several years but will probably never use again.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
In any event, I’ve also got a few handfuls of ordinary, normal, individual books that I’d like to unload. Any idea where?[/quote]

Regular books can go to Whose Books, Chung Shan N. Rd. Section 6, No. 764, 2Fl. You won’t get much for them, but you’ll be free of them and give someone else a chance to enjoy them.

To further on the “spirit of unloading/sharing” :laughing: Jake’s Place (Taoyuan) has a “Booksharing” setup. I’m sure your extra books would find a happy home there! :bravo:

PM me and I’d be happy to collect.

TS

Simon sells books at Grandma Nitties on Sundays (About the only reason to go there), and there is a rather large selection at Bongos. The books there are cheap, and he buys them back from you at 50%. You can sell your books at either place.