USED books: Linguistics, Language Acquisition, etc.?

Can anyone recommend a good bookstore or other source in Taipei for the following?

I’m looking for used books on second language acquisition, linguisitics(general/intro), applied linguistics, Chinese linguisitics, Japanese linguistics and most titles from the Cambridge Applied Linguistics series.

Ideally, I’d like to find used university textbooks (graduate level) on these topics in English.

If anyone reading this post has books on these topics to sell, please send me a PM with the titles you have.

Thanks

The closest I’ve got is a book called Language Attitudes in Taiwan, A Social Evaluation of Language in Social Change, by Karl-Eugen Feifel, Crane Publishing. Good condition, unread. You can have it for half price, NT$150 +SH, if you like – just PM me. I’m in Taipei but can mail it.

[quote=“Airwall”]I’m looking for used books on second language acquisition, linguisitics(general/intro), applied linguistics, Chinese linguisitics, Japanese linguistics and most titles from the Cambridge Applied Linguistics series.[/quote]I haven’t found any used books of this kind here. Caves, and the Crane Publishing bookstores, have some good ones new.

I may sell a few of my books at some point so I’m noting down your email for future reference Are you sure you want to post your email publicly, though? Why not edit it out of your post and ask people to PM you instead?

Sometimes Crane bookstore has good sales on language acquisition/linguistics textbooks. I always like going there, because there’s a good selection of books to browse through. They’ll also give you a 20% discount if you’re a teacher (showing your work-based ARC may be enough to prove it).

Crane Publishing Co. 6F #109 Hoping East Road Section 1, Taipei.
6F, 109 Hoping E Rd, Sec 1
(02) 2393-4497, 2394-1791 Take the elevator to 6th Floor (can’t see from the street)

59 Chungching S Rd, Sec 2
(02) 2322-5437
Just south of Nanhai Rd, a big publisher of educational books, English teachers get 20% discount, lots of good classical English literature.

Thanks, everyone, I’ll check all these out. 20% off will be great.

Still hoping to find used copies (read: cheap) copies of the books I need, so please PM me if you have any titles sitting around the house.

I’m trying to get all the books I need within the next month or so if I can.

[quote=“twocs”]Sometimes Crane bookstore has good sales on language acquisition/linguistics textbooks. I always like going there, because there’s a good selection of books to browse through. They’ll also give you a 20% discount if you’re a teacher (showing your work-based ARC may be enough to prove it).

(02) 2393-4497, 2394-1791 Take the elevator to 6th Floor (can’t see from the street)

59 Chongqing S Rd, Sec 2
(02) 2322-5437
Just south of Nanhai Rd, a big publisher of educational books, English teachers get 20% discount, lots of good classical English literature.[/quote]

The Hoping location has moved to around the corner on JinShan near the Roxy on the second floor beside the “Bowa bank”.

If you don’t necessarily want to own them, have you tried the Shida University Library? I got most resources I needed for my studies there. You can go into the library and read the materials there, or copy what you need to take out with you. I also found a friend who was studying at the Chinese language annex who could get the books I needed out for me.

You can do a search online, here: http://www.lib.ntnu.edu.tw/enghomepage/index.htm

[quote=“Morbius”][quote=“twocs”]Sometimes Crane bookstore has good sales on language acquisition/linguistics textbooks. I always like going there, because there’s a good selection of books to browse through. They’ll also give you a 20% discount if you’re a teacher (showing your work-based ARC may be enough to prove it).

59 Chongqing S Rd, Sec 2
(02) 2322-5437
Just south of Nanhai Rd, a big publisher of educational books, English teachers get 20% discount, lots of good classical English literature.[/quote]

The Hoping location has moved to around the corner on JinShan near the Roxy on the second floor beside the “Bowa bank”.[/quote]

Duly noted.
The Crane Publishing Co’s website is at http://www.crane.com.tw. They put the current address at:
106 台北市金山南路2段200號3樓
Babelfish translation:
South 106 Taibei Jinshan road 2 sections of 200 3 buildings
Which is in English, I think: 3F 200 Jinshan Road Section 2, Taipei 106

[quote=“twocs”]The Crane Publishing Co’s website is at http://www.crane.com.tw. They put the current address at:
106 台北市金山南路2段200號3樓
Babelfish translation:
South 106 Taibei Jinshan road 2 sections of 200 3 buildings
Which is in English, I think: 3F 200 Jinshan Road Section 2, Taipei 106[/quote]That’s right, except that it’s Jinshan South Road.

Thanks for posting the website. I’ll add it to my bookmarks now. It’s really hard to search for with Google. Usually I end up searching site:tw with a particular book I know they stock, and from there navigating to their main page. A real pain.