Used scooter emporium?

Hey all,

Looking to get a used scooter and asked around a few mechanic shops, but am not happy with the selection. Does anyone know any large used scooter dealerships in Taipei that they would recommend?

Thanks

Gee. That’s an intriguing question I bet noone has ever asked before.

If I were looking for suggestions, I would use the search function in

Cars & Motorcycles

and

Where Can I Find

I wouldn’t look in Dating & Relationships or International Politics.

Thanks, but I was unable to find anything Maunaloa. I always search before posting…

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=39265

Right there in the stickies.

Uh, that is a thread on mechanics.

I think this guy is looking for the best place to find a large selection of used motorcycles or scooters.

If anyone can find a thread (or just post an answer to the OP’s question) on the best one-stop shopping place to find used scooters or motorcycles, I too would like to see it.

Hey guys there are a couple of decent sized shops ad the intersection of BaDe Road and Keelung Road. They both have decent selections of used scoots, but the guy at the two-floor store seems more willing to negotiate. I got my scooter there over a year ago with a one-year warranty and haven’t had any problems yet (knock on wood). Aside from that I have heard there are a bunch out in XinZhuang but I haven’t personally gone there to check them out.

[quote=“zender”]Uh, that is a thread on mechanics.

I think this guy is looking for the best place to find a large selection of used motorcycles or scooters.

If anyone can find a thread (or just post an answer to the OP’s question) on the best one-stop shopping place to find used scooters or motorcycles, I too would like to see it.[/quote]
You ever seen a shop that works on scooters but doesn’t sell them?

A lot of the places that work on scooters only sell a handfull that they have rebuilt themselves. The places that I mentioned have a much larger selection so you can hopefully avoid visiting 10 or 12 small shops to find what you are looking for.

Thanks, Booted One
I’ll check that place out on Babaloo.

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“zender”]Uh, that is a thread on mechanics.

If anyone can find a thread (or just post an answer to the OP’s question) on the best one-stop shopping place to find used scooters or motorcycles, I too would like to see it.[/quote]
You ever seen a shop that works on scooters but doesn’t sell them?[/quote]

I’ve seen hundreds of shops. Unfortunately, most shops have a very limited selection of used bikes.

emporium:

1. a large retail store, esp. one selling a
    great variety
    of articles.

[quote=“zender”]

I’ve seen hundreds of shops. Unfortunately, most shops have a very limited selection of used bikes.

emporium:

1. a large retail store, esp. one selling a
    great variety
    of articles.[/quote]

Haha, Redwagon gets owned!!!

Every now and then I use the seach function to answer my questions and a lot of times nothing really helps me. I just thought I would throw that out there. :slight_smile:

Sorry I don’t live in Taipei, but I know what kind of place you are looking for. There are some of these shops in the Taoyuan area. I know of 2 shops that only sell scooters/motorcycles, and they dont do any kind of mechanic work on outside customers. If you buy one of their vehicles and it needs work in the future they can help, but that’s it.

“used scooter emporium”… don’t know that the 'wan has any… but if you search
scooter rental
in C&M you’ll get 41 hits. IME, any place that rents scooters (other than B&Bs in Kending and the like) also sells used ones.

I think I know what the OP’s after. One of those places with tons of scooters outside, often on a corner or on a main road. I know a couple in Taichung. Not sure where one is in Taipei as I haven’t bought a vehicle here.

I went through the frustrating process last year of having tons of places tell me they had tons of scoots only to go all over town to find places with a two or three running bikes at most. Just save yourself the hassle and head down to Bade and Keelung. If you can’t find anything there then branch out to XinZhuang as there are surprisingly few places with a wide variety of scoots within the city center.

Awesome. I’ll check it out Booted. Thanks for the info… hopefully they have much better deals and selection than the repair shops I’ve been to.

As a side note anyone else find that searching google maps for stores in Chinese is pretty frustrating? There’s something about keywords in Chinese I still haven’t gotten the hang of, or maybe it’s just not as efficient/developed as English.

Bade and Jilong intersection… plenty of parked scooters down E on Bade Rd., but a “scooter emporium”?

I’m not trying to be a hard-ass, but I don’t recall any [edit: USED] shops being larger or smaller than average. IME, the way to get a good USED scooter or motorcycle is through a mechanic or a rental shop … name a price and acceptable alternative years / mileage / models, and wait. There are usually a few used scoots on Taiwanted, plenty on Ruten and Yahoo TW, but if you buy from the guy who will service it, you’re better off.

Have you talked to Jeremy at Bike Farm? His scoots are really well-maintained. Unless I knew I would be in Taipei long term, I would rent from Bike Farm.

[quote=“maunaloa”]Bade and Jilong intersection… plenty of parked scooters down E on Bade Rd., but a “scooter emporium”?

I’m not trying to be a hard-ass, but I don’t recall any shops being larger or smaller than average. IME, the way to get a good scooter or motorcycle is through a mechanic or a rental shop … name a price and desired alternative models, and wait. There are usually a few on Taiwanted, plenty on Ruten and Yahoo TW, but if you buy from the guy who will service it, you’re better off.

Have you talked to Jeremy at Bike Farm? His scoots are really well-maintained. Unless I knew I would be in Taipei long term, I would rent from Bike Farm.[/quote]
I used to live on Bade Rd, and from what I remember, there were more scooter shops there at that intersection with Jilong Rd. than average. I found this really big one on Google maps. I think there should be another.

I haven’t been out that way in over 5 years, though, so I could be wrong, but the map I linked to shows at least one good shop there.

Personally I wouldn’t buy a scooter from someone I didn’t trust as a mechanic, either new or used, regardless of how many bikes they had to choose from.

To clarify the focus of my comments, the issue is “are there shops with a large selection of USED scooters” in Taipei? There are plenty of shops with a large selection of new scooters.