USED stamp on Visa? But came back with no problems?

If anyone can help would be much appreciated:

I left Taiwan back in July to head home (with a valid visa and ARC), didnt have a return ticket to Taiwan and noticed once I got back that USED had been stamped on my visa. This may have been stamped on it before (I had made about 3 trips to and from the UK between Jan and July on a multiple re-entry permit) but am not sure.

I came back to Taiwan October 7th, came in thinking as I have a multiple re-entry permit valid until November 11th that I wouldnt have any problems and I didnt.

I have just started a new job but will be on probabtion for a while so my new company will not sponsor a work permit. Fair enough, I have to make a visa run. No problem.

The only thing is that tonight i have read a post which states that if ‘USED’ is stamped on your visa, it is invalid. Does that mean I have entered on a landing visa? I have noticed that on the immigration card I filled in, the officer has crossed out my old visa number and replaced it with a five figure number. The stamp of admission into Taipei is on the page adjacent to my re-entry permit (which is filled with previous stamps) so am a little concerned.

Do you think this means I have to make a visa run before November 7th (as I entered Taiwan on Oct 7th)…

If anyone can help…

You have a resident visa. It is stamped USED as soon as it is issued. Your ability to enter and leave Taiwan derives from your re-entry permit, which in turn is derived from whatever reason for your being here is on your ARC.

The five figure number is the number of your re-entry permit. This re-entry permit will remain valid until you apply for a new visitor visa, your ARC is cancelled, or November 11, whichever happens first. I recommend extending your ARC or leaving the country before Nov 11.

[quote=“Miranda”]You have a resident visa. It is stamped USED as soon as it is issued. Your ability to enter and leave Taiwan derives from your re-entry permit, which in turn is derived from whatever reason for your being here is on your ARC.

The five figure number is the number of your re-entry permit. This re-entry permit will remain valid until you apply for a new visitor visa, your ARC is cancelled, or November 11, whichever happens first. I recommend extending your ARC or leaving the country before Nov 11.[/quote]

Thanks so much Miranda! A big relief as I was quite concerned about it all…
Good to know, :slight_smile:

Check whether what I guessed is correct. Is the number on your yellow card actually your re-entry permit number? It should be. If not, post again.